Out of balance

Options
My account which I balance daily has been out of balance since mid to end of January. One day it balanced and the next day it’s off by $20k. I called quicken & after over an hour being on the phone I ended up with 2 more accounts out of balance. Also my bank accounts no longer download the current data so I have to log into the bank and manually download the transactions every day. I’ve downloaded my transactions from the back going all the way back to January 1st 2021 and gone through all of them & have not found the error. I’m getting ready to get rid of quicken.

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There have been reports of Account's Opening Balance getting changed through the downloading process.  Any chance that's the source of your problem?  Was it something that was checked during your hour-long call to Quicken?
  • Beth Oliveira
    Options
    No i noticed it while I was on the phone with him and he had me remove the transaction. It was a withdrawal of $19,000 for a opening balance which left my account in the negative going all the way back to 2009. But even after removing it the account is still not balancing.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not sure what you're referring to with your "No i noticed it" statement.  Are you referring to the Opening Balance in the Account, and are you saying that you realized the Opening Balance you were looking at was incorrect?
    If the answer to my two questions is "Yes" and "Yes" then you can't simply delete that Opening Balance transaction, you need to fix it.  If you have a backup on a day that the Account balanced, open that backup and look to see what the correct dollar amount is and replace that Opening Balance transaction. 
This discussion has been closed.