Citi CC-503 Errors

bsgk
bsgk Member ✭✭
I was following the known issue with Citi that is now resolved. Last month, I added a Savings account at Citi to my existing Credit Card accounts. Since then, I have not been able to add this account to Quicken to download transactions.

I am getting a CC-503 error when trying to use EWC. This happens for both Citibank and Citi Cards. Additionally, if I try Direct Connect, it either acts like I don't have a login or it says Quicken is having trouble connecting to Citi Cards.

I have also attempted to use Citi's feature of adding a Desktop App with the 10 minute timer with no success.

Currently, my Citi-based accounts have no reference to Citi and are deactiviated. I even tried to create a new copy of my file and had no success. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    bsgk said:
    I was following the known issue with Citi that is now resolved. Last month, I added a Savings account at Citi to my existing Credit Card accounts. Since then, I have not been able to add this account to Quicken to download transactions.

I am getting a CC-503 error when trying to use EWC. This happens for both Citibank and Citi Cards. Additionally, if I try Direct Connect, it either acts like I don't have a login or it says Quicken is having trouble connecting to Citi Cards.

I have also attempted to use Citi's feature of adding a Desktop App with the 10 minute timer with no success.

Currently, my Citi-based accounts have no reference to Citi and are deactiviated. I even tried to create a new copy of my file and had no success. Any suggestions are appreciated.
    Hello @bsgk,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing these difficulties with connections and transaction downloads. Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community regarding this matter.

I have a few recommendations, but first, I want to be sure that you have already verified your login credentials - both within the Quicken entry field and with the financial institution's online services - by taking these steps:

1) Type your password/PIN into a text application, such as Notepad, WordPad, or other text/word application. Note: This is a way of confirming you don't have typographical errors in this field. 

2)Highlight the "confirmed" password and then copy it (Ctrl + C) and paste it (Ctrl + V) into the appropriate fields in Quicken.

Next, verify your credentials using the financial institution's website -
    1. Go to your bank's website and use your credentials to log in to the bank's website.
    2. Confirm that you're able to log in to the bank's website with the expected username and password.
    I look forward to any reply you may be able to provide, should you have the opportunity to check back with us here on the Quicken Community. I am eager to hear whether or not the information listed above has been confirmed by the means listed.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • bsgk
    bsgk Member ✭✭
    Ok, it seems like Quicken has a limit on the # of characters in a password. Is that the problem? My Citi login works fine on the website.
  • Quicken Jared
    bsgk said:
    Ok, it seems like Quicken has a limit on the # of characters in a password. Is that the problem? My Citi login works fine on the website.
    @bsgk,

Thanks for keeping in contact with me and discussing this problem further. I am sorry for any inconvenience you have experienced. 

It is indeed true that there is a character limit within Quicken. Online banking service passwords of 16 characters or more are prohibited. You might try changing your password with the banking institution, but be sure to save a backup in Quicken before doing so by going to File > Copy or Backup File in the upper menu at the top of the screen. 

I hope this is helpful. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • bsgk
    bsgk Member ✭✭
    Ok, thanks.

So I changed my password to 32 characters and it worked. I was able to add my Credit Card accounts.

I then tried to setup my Savings account and received a new error. It's a pop-up window that says "Service provider change OK right away". I've seen this on a couple of other accounts.

Does Quicken have a solution?

Barrett
  • Quicken Jared
    bsgk said:
    Ok, thanks.

So I changed my password to 32 characters and it worked. I was able to add my Credit Card accounts.

I then tried to setup my Savings account and received a new error. It's a pop-up window that says "Service provider change OK right away". I've seen this on a couple of other accounts.

Does Quicken have a solution?

Barrett
    @bsgk,

Thanks for continuing to work on this problem with me. I am sorry that this new issue has emerged.

Fortunately, I do have some information regarding this error message. Typically, this is received when a financial institution has either disconnected their Direct Connect services, changed their Branding ID, or is simply no longer available altoghether (as in the case of a merger, for example). 

If this message appears and Quicken shows signs of freezing, you can force quit the application by entering Ctrl + Alt + Del > Task Manager. Resolving the problem should involve the steps listed below:
    1. Update the transactions for your other financial institutions by performing a One Step Update (Tools > One Step Update).  This will download the latest FIDir.txt to your system, which currently has outdated financial institution information listed.  
    2. Close and reopen Quicken.
    3. If you continue to see the message, follow the steps for How To Refresh Financial Institution Information in Quicken.
    4. When all else fails, reinstalling Quicken will reset the FIDir.txt file.

I look forward to any future correspondence you may be able to provide.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• bsgk
    bsgk Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your help. I was able to add after reinstalling Quicken.

I would like to suggest that Quicken improve their password rules. Since it's mainly a passthrough scenario, I think it's problematic that Quicken would put further restrictions on passwords than the financial institutions themselves. My Citi password was 64 characters because they allow 64 characters. I always try to max out the complexity for each password, and it's concerning that Quicken limits that.
This discussion has been closed.