Which retail stores to buy Quicken FOR CURRENT USERS

Options
I've read Costco, Amazon, Walmart and similar sell Quicken for less, but have also read that many retail products are for NEW users only. Where have you found, and how did you identify Quicken for CURRENT USERS?
It would be easier to renew from within Quicken, but the current 1 year subscription to Deluxe is $51.99, while the expiring 2 yr subscription was $59.99.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @QknConfused,

I understand how you might be confused, however here is an example of the software packaging for New Subscribers (i.e. users) - which is (as all such products are) marked as such. I think you'll agree it is hard to miss.

If you are not a new user and you try to extend your subscription by purchasing a new user version, you will not be successful.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is, no longer, a "2 yr subscription".  1 year only.
    So, simply shop around for the best price on the product that you want.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Just make sure you look carefully at the retail box/packaging,
    and don't get stuck with  - FOR NEW USERS ONLY

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• QknConfused
    QknConfused Member ✭✭
    Options
    Do the boxes now have a statement to the effect it is for Current Users? Comments on another thread were that there is nothing on the box to distinguish software for New vs Current users.
    Several users stated they bought software and found it was not compatible for Current users when they tried to enter the authorization code. By then the software was opened and couldn't be returned.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @QknConfused,

I understand how you might be confused, however here is an example of the software packaging for New Subscribers (i.e. users) - which is (as all such products are) marked as such. I think you'll agree it is hard to miss.

If you are not a new user and you try to extend your subscription by purchasing a new user version, you will not be successful.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• QknConfused
    QknConfused Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, Frankx. I'll go out today in search of a Quicken box without the "New Subscribers Only" banner.
This discussion has been closed.