Capital One (CC-501 error)

I have not been able to download transactions to Quicken from my Capital One 360 accounts for over a week.

The problem started after a routine attempt to download all my accounts, when Quicken told me to reauthorize my Capital One accounts. I was able to sign in to the Capital One accounts through Quicken's "add account" windows. However, after I pushed the "Authorize" button, I reached an "Activate One Step Update" screen with the following message: "Oops. Having a problem. CC-501"

Since then, I have repeatedly attempted to reauthorize my Capital One accounts, but encounter the same "CC-501" error every time. I have also tried the procedure recommended by Jim1976 in another discussion, but still encounter the same problem.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @R. A. Davis,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue for which we have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider and has continued to be worked on. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for any and all available updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mcmattaustx
    mcmattaustx Member ✭✭
    I had this problem since it was first mentioned and could not reauthorize Capital One accounts successfully to complete automatic downloads on credit cards.

I was able to correct the problem, but I don't recommend doing it. Here's a quick summary but there needs to be an automated way to switch over.

1. Backup quicken file
    2. Deactivate current Capital One cards
    3. Make new accounts that will be copies of the old card accounts.
    4. On the new accounts connect to bank named "Capital One Card - Current"
    5. Cut and paste all transactions from old accounts to new accounts.
    6. Completely hide old accounts on account list.
    7. Do a bulk Find and Replace so you can change the old account name to the new account name. This will ensure transactions and transfers to and from the old account will now point to the new account.
    8. If balances don't match up completely, you may have to change the opening balance of the new accounts. Try and find all instances of old account first before doing this.

NOTE: This worked for me, but it took a few hours to sort out and I do NOT recommend it. It is not for the faint of heart or those wary of Quicken. I trusted by account backup so I went forward.

Quicken needs to make it possible to change the linked bank in an account, just for the accounts affected by this issue. I'm not sure what is different between the bank links that allows only the "-Current" link to work.
  • northstar351
    northstar351 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    [Removed - Rant]
  • You get what you pay for. The price we pay for Quicken subscription is relatively low, we should expect issues to take a while to address. It has been months since I have been able to automatically download transactions for Capital One. Will check back in another 6 months or so -
  • Trimeistergeek
    Trimeistergeek Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    It has been four months since I was able to download transactions from Capital One. When a similar issue occurred with Schwab, the CEO of Quicken was apologizing publicly because it took 10 days to resolve. [Removed - Speculation]
  • Chance
    Chance Member ✭✭
    I also have had this problem for several weeks.
  • Wreath98
    Wreath98 Member
    same issue for approximately a month now
  • Has Quicken considered just sending out alerts when transaction downloads ARE working for any given bank? That might just be simpler for everybody.
  • Rocco07
    Rocco07 Member
    I have also had this issue with Capital One Downloading....
    I am a Quicken user for well over 20 years...
    This is frustrating and unacceptable...
  • I finally gave up. I disconnected my old Capital One account in Quicken and created a new account in Quicken. I was successful in linking the new account to the old account. RECONNECTING ON-LINE ACCESS FOR THE OLD ACCOUNT DOES NOT WORK. A new account is needed (at least in my case)
  • cdennett
    cdennett Member ✭✭✭
    For what it's worth, I've noticed that if I try OSU on my Capital One Quicksilver account it works maybe 1 out of 3 times. From my IT background, that could point to an issue on Quicken's end that they have multiple servers that are not all synced or performing equally.
  • Bec02
    Bec02 Member ✭✭
    I followed the instructions on the post from Jim 1976, December 2021 - located at Home/Quicken for Windows - Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows), Jim 1976. I was able to download all of my bank transactions to Quicken Successfully.
This discussion has been closed.