SunTrust now Truist connection problems

WaterSkier
WaterSkier Member ✭✭
I deactivated SunTrust Direct Connect and am now trying to add back for Express Web Connect to avoid Truist's $7.95 monthly fee for Direct Connect. Quicken is asking me to change my PW to an 8 digit PW with no special characters. For whatever reason, I still get error messages. Anyone know how to download from Truist without incurring a monthly fee?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @WaterSkier,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide a screenshot of the Change Password prompt you described receiving? If needed, please review this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• gog8trz
    gog8trz Member ✭✭
    I selected BB&T Online as the option and got EWC to work.
  • WaterSkier
    WaterSkier Member ✭✭
    OL-332-A is the error message. When OneStep Update finishes, it asks if I recently updated my password to which I say, NO. Then, it says, "Success!" but to no avail.
  • WaterSkier
    WaterSkier Member ✭✭
    Hey gog8trz, are you a SunTrust customer or a BBT customer? If you are SunTrust, did your sunTrust PWs work for BBT?
  • gog8trz
    gog8trz Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    @WaterSkier SunTrust. I think the "change your password" message is their way of shutting off access to the old ST systems. After I deactivated Suntrust online services, I reactivated selecting BB&T Online using my old ST pw to get EWC enabled.
  • WaterSkier
    WaterSkier Member ✭✭
    Yes, THANK YOU! Specifically, here is how I solved the issue. Instead of continuing to try to download from my SunTrust accounts, I selected ADD ACCOUNT and then selected Truist from the list. Using my SunTrust username and password, I was able to download 87 days of transactions. I am now in the process of deleting the duplicate transactions and once that is done, I will be good to go.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    @WaterSkier Thanks for the update and for sharing your solution! Glad to hear you found a solution that worked for you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.