Scheduled Transactions not updating to next scheduled date

Dave Pearce
Dave Pearce Member ✭✭
Recently on both my app and the desktop, when I enter a scheduled transaction, the date does not update to the next scheduled date, it just shows the same next due date.

For example, a payment that is due on 2/28, I pay on 2/25 and enter. On the list of scheduled transactions it shows the next due date of 2/28, and not 3/28 which it should.

I then click on ignore the next schedule and then it will update to the next schedule.

How can I fix this?

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Dave Pearce

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. Could you please let us know if this is occurring for one particular bill or multiple?

Also, I would recommend checking the Optional Settings to ensure that your bill is set up as an auto-enter instead of just a reminder. 

To check this select Bills & Income >Manage Manual Bills and Income. From there select the bill/biller in question and click Edit on the far right-hand side. On the popup window to Edit Bill Reminder select Optional Settings. Visual example is below. 

Check the box that states Automatically enter the transaction in the register. Select the desired dates with the arrows and click OK. 

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma

• Dave Pearce
    Dave Pearce Member ✭✭
    This is happening with many scheduled transactions. I leave it as a reminder, as I usually pay things before they are due, so I would not want it to auto enter.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Dave Pearce

Thank you for your response. Could you please validate your file? Before starting the process please ensure that you have made a backup of your current file. 

To begin select File >Validate and Repair File. On the popup window check the first box then click OK. A visual example is below. 

When you have a moment please attempt these steps. Thank you!

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Dave Pearce
    Dave Pearce Member ✭✭
    File: "C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Quicken\Cathy & Dave"

QDF:
    Validating your data.
    Quicken repaired Venmo account. No action required.
    Quicken found an invalid transaction and removed it. "Venmo" 0/ 0/1900

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.

[Fri Feb 25 11:54:13 2022]
    No out-of-range security references found.

Validation has completed.
  • Dave Pearce
    Dave Pearce Member ✭✭
    As a test, I did change one scheduled transaction to auto enter, and that one did update to the next scheduled payment, after it entered into registry
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    As a test, I did change one scheduled transaction to auto enter, and that one did update to the next scheduled payment, after it entered into registry
    Hello @Dave Pearce

Thank you for maintaining communications with us in regards to this issue.

Just so I am clear, does the issue appear to be resolved as of now? Let us know if there are any other prior concerns related to scheduled transactions failing to update that are still present.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Dave Pearce
    Dave Pearce Member ✭✭
    The issue will not happen if I have the transaction auto enter into registry, but still happens as a reminder that I enter manually.
  • wsm4826
    wsm4826 Member
    not applicable to mac - now all scheduled tasks show going out 1 year after recent update - what is the fix or work around?
  • Quicken Jared
    The issue will not happen if I have the transaction auto enter into registry, but still happens as a reminder that I enter manually.
    Hello @Dave Pearce

I am sorry that the issue with scheduled transactions failing to update in the register is continuing. Thank you for persisting in contacting us. 

Where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Be sure that the file is saved locally to your computer as this is the best way to prevent damage to the data.

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Dave Pearce
    Dave Pearce Member ✭✭
    The file is located here : C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Quicken
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Dave Pearce,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and for not having received a follow-up response yet.

Since validating the file failed to resolve the issue, if you haven't already, I suggest that you try super validating your data file next instead. I do also recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Dave Pearce
    Dave Pearce Member ✭✭
    [Fri Mar 04 07:42:17 2022]

File: "C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Quicken\Cathy & Dave"

QDF:
    Validating your data.
    No errors.

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.

[Fri Mar 04 07:42:53 2022]
    No out-of-range security references found.

Super validation has completed.
  • Dave Pearce
    Dave Pearce Member ✭✭
    After doing the Super Validation, the error still persists
  • Quicken Jared
    After doing the Super Validation, the error still persists
    Hello @Dave Pearce

I am sorry that the issue is continuing, and thank you for following up with us about this.

Have you tried deleting and re-adding the transactions that were showing these symptoms? Be sure to save a backup first, then go to the Bill and Income Reminders tab and click Add New Reminder. This will be denoted by the '+' symbol in the upper right-hand corner.

I hope this is helpful, and I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Dave Pearce
    Dave Pearce Member ✭✭
    I am not sure what has change, but the issue has stopped.
  • Quicken Jared
    I am not sure what has change, but the issue has stopped.
    Hello @Dave Pearce,

Thank you for following up once more and updating us on this change in circumstances. I am happy to hear that the issue seems to have been resolved, although I do wish I the path to fixing this issue was clearer.

Feel free to reach out again with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.