South State Bank Issue starting 2-25-22

Is anyone having issues with South State bank starting today 2-25-22?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Rudinsky_1,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

In order for the Community to best assist you, we will need some additional information.

Could you please elaborate and provide further details on what exactly you are experiencing when trying to connect with South State Bank? Are you receiving any specific error code(s) and/or message(s) while trying to connect that you could provide us with here, please?

Check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Rudinsky_1
    Rudinsky_1 Member ✭✭
    Error is OL-301-A 'Your financial institution has rejected your request. Additional information from SouthState: Unknown Error.

I tried to do a reset but it fails due to a temporary problem connecting to my financial institution.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for the additional information.

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest you try to refresh financial institution branding and profile by following the instructions provided below.
    1. In Quicken, select the Tools menu, then choose Online Center.
    2. Click the Financial Institution dropdown arrow and select the financial institution.
    3. Press CTRL+Shift while selecting Contact Info.
    4. Select one of the accounts associated with the bank from the dropdown list
    5. Select Financial Institution Branding and Profile from the list and click Refresh.
    6. Click OK and go online by clicking the Update/Send button.
    7. Attempt your online session again.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• Rudinsky_1
    Rudinsky_1 Member ✭✭
    I get the same error as when I try to update the account
  • peteocala
    peteocala Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue. This fix did not work for me either. Help.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Rudinsky_1
    Rudinsky_1 Member ✭✭
    That is the same thing Anja already had me try.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Rudinsky_1

Thank you for your response. After taking a look into your account, I was able to find the error that could be causing this issue. I have sent you a message with more information and instructions. 

When you have a moment please check your inbox. 

Thank you!

-Quicken Paloma
  • Rudinsky_1
    Rudinsky_1 Member ✭✭
    The separate email you send is in reference to a different account/bank
  • Rudinsky_1
    Rudinsky_1 Member ✭✭
    This issue still exists. What is the best way to get it resolved???
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Rudinsky_1

Thank you for your response and pardon the delay in ours. Could you please let us know what connection method you are using? If you are unsure, you may check this by selecting Tools >Account List >Edit account details >Online Services. 

Thank you!

-Quicken Paloma
  • Rudinsky_1
    Rudinsky_1 Member ✭✭
    Direct Connect. This worked fine until the 25th. Nothing has changed.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Rudinsky_1

Thank you for the additional information. As stated in the Help Article regarding error code OL-301, this error is being caused by an error/discrepancy with the bank's servers. In addition, since you are using the Direct Connect method we are unable to escalate this issue since we do not have access to the bank's servers. To obtain a solution we recommend, contacting your financial institution for further assistance. Please refer to the screenshot below. 

If you have any other questions or concerns please let us know. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Rudinsky_1
    Rudinsky_1 Member ✭✭
    I called the bank and this is resolved.
  • peteocala
    peteocala Member ✭✭
    After an hour on the phone with the bank support they found the problem and made a correction. They informed me that they recently made a change to the quicken connect which required them to 'reset a switch'. Changing userid and password were a little extreme debugging technique but the person stayed with me until they found the switch.
  • Quicken Anja
    @Rudinsky_1 Thanks for the Update! & @peteocala thank you for adding to this discussion and providing additional information.

We're glad to hear that this issue has been resolved for you both. :)

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.