Cannot connect to Vanguard

markrougeux
markrougeux Member ✭✭✭
I have been having problems since December connecting to Vanguard. For years and years prior to December, I had no problems at all. Now I find that either I cannot connect to Vanguard at all (getting the AGGREGATOR IN ERROR (F WEBSITE UNAVAILABLE:FDP-105 message), or if I do manage to get connected, Quicken tells me that Vanguard only provides Simple Tracking, and not Detailed Tracking. However, I can create a new file, and connect to Vanguard and get Detailed Tracking on all my Vanguard accounts. So, the Vanguard website IS available, and Vanguard does, as it always has, provide Detailed Tracking. There seems to be something wrong on the Quicken end, either some setting or some issue with my data file. Can I help some help with this. This issue first occurred after an update in December 2021.

Comments

• Hello @markrougeux,

Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this error. 

I recommend trying this:

Quicken Connect accounts:

1. Click the Add Account button (the plus sign above the Accounts panel) and select the type of account you wish to add.
    2. Type in the financial institution name and walk through the wizard.
    3. Choose LINK on the screen displayed after Quicken finds the available accounts at the financial institution for your login credentials, and carefully link to your existing Quicken account(s).

Error -28 -29 and -32 in Quicken for Mac

1. Click Continue.

Direct Connect accounts:

1. Click the account name in the list displayed down the left side of Quicken, to open the register.
    2. Click the Settings gear in the lower right corner of the register view.
    3. In the next screen, select the Downloads tab.
    4. Click Disconnect Account.
    5. Repeat steps 2-4 for all accounts with the same financial institution.
    6. Click the Settings gear again, then select Connect Account.
    7. Type in the financial institution name and walk through the wizard (select Direct Connect when presented with the list of connection types).
    8. Choose LINK on the screen displayed after Quicken finds the available accounts at the financial institution for your login credentials, and carefully link to your existing Quicken account(s).
    9. Click Continue.

Direct Connect users: If the steps above do not resolve the issue, please contact your financial institution for further assistance. 

I have also included the link to the support article which discusses these steps:

https://www.quicken.com/support/error-28-29-and-32-quicken-mac

Let us know how it goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• markrougeux
    markrougeux Member ✭✭✭
    I have done the steps for Quicken Connect many times. Where it is successful in connecting, it tells me that only Simple Tracking is available for Vanguard (when of course, that is NOT the case.)
  • Hi @markrougeux,

Thank you for your response!

For the simple v.s detailed transactions. You can change these back to detailed by going to the Account dashboard tab > Gear icon > Investment tracking method. 
    I have included a screenshot showing where you can locate this and what it entails:

I have also found a thread between other users where it seems as though they may have found a workaround for some of the issues that you are experiencing and it seems to have worked for quite a few others. I have added a link to the thread so you may go check it out:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7905024/vanguard-no-longer-provides-detailed-tracking

I hope you find this of use. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• markrougeux
    markrougeux Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks Jasmine. Yes I have tried to change the Investment Tracking Method. When trying to switch from Simple to Detailed, I get a message from Quicken saying I need to Disconnect the account. 

However, the link you provided, which suggested switching from Quicken Connect to Direct Connect did work. There was a bunch of cleanup work I had to do in each account, but it appears I am now connected to all 8 of my Vanguard accounts. Thank you!
  • Hello @markrougeux,

I apologize that the instructions that I had provided did not help, however, I am glad to hear that you were able to get all of your Vanguard accounts connected and working properly from the instructions that you found in the thread that I provided!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.