New Brokerage account has Transactions button grayed out?

Options
Wbrehm
Wbrehm Member ✭✭
I opened up a new Brokerage (cash management) account from Fidelity. Downloads are fine. Problem is the transactions button on top is grayed out. Dashboard - Portfolio buttons are fine and I can click on those, but Transactions is grayed out. My other brokerage (including another cash management) accounts are fine and I can click the Transactions button without problems, but the new one no. Any ideas to "activate" it?

Best Answer

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Sound like you set this up as "Simple" where you only see Present Value (PV). 

You can go into your Fidelity account's Settings and see if the option to see if Detailed is possible: 

I notice that they also added in several investment accounts listings for Fidelity that also support Quicken Connect. (This mainly supports only simple.) If you can't switch to Detailed, you will have to investigate if Fidelity supports a another connection method (Direct) that will allow the detailed positions. (For example, I saw "Fidelity 401k" only allows simple, whereas "Fidelity NetBenefits" allows detailed.)

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    It's an easy fix. Open the account settings (menu Accounts > Settings) and change the Tracking Method from Simple to Detailed.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Sound like you set this up as "Simple" where you only see Present Value (PV). 

You can go into your Fidelity account's Settings and see if the option to see if Detailed is possible: 

I notice that they also added in several investment accounts listings for Fidelity that also support Quicken Connect. (This mainly supports only simple.) If you can't switch to Detailed, you will have to investigate if Fidelity supports a another connection method (Direct) that will allow the detailed positions. (For example, I saw "Fidelity 401k" only allows simple, whereas "Fidelity NetBenefits" allows detailed.)
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    "Fidelity Investments" does support Direct Connect.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Wbrehm
    Wbrehm Member ✭✭
    Options
    That worked! Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.