Report Column Menu not showing

5280dittmers
5280dittmers Member
edited March 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I'm not sure when this lost capability happened, but the menu on the Reports:Custom:Display is missing all column options like selecting columns or resetting column sizes. I've validated and repaired my file.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, I suggest you select Reset Columns: open the report and press Alt + C
  • Thanks, but that's the problem. The menu for editing columns, including Reset Columns' doe not show up on the Custom:Display tab.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, but that's the problem. The menu for editing columns, including Reset Columns' doe not show up on the Custom:Display tab.
    A screen capture of the issue may help.

This is an example of what you should see:

• Here's what I see in reports Custom:Display
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's what I see in reports Custom:Display
    Your image file was empty - zero bytes. Try again?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Thanks, Rocket J Squirrel. I didn't notice that.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    A comparison report doesn't have transactional field columns that may be customized.  You may be able to adjust the columns displayed on the report using the Columns: pull-down menu.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are trying to reuse a saved report which was created in an earlier version of Quicken, try to recreate the report from scratch and customize it to your needs. Once it's working correctly, re-save the report, replacing the old saved report.
  • Thanks all. In my experience, nearly every time Quicken gets an update something breaks with custom reports I've created. I'll try the suggestions above. Where do I find the 'Columns' pull-down menu?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
     Where do I find the 'Columns' pull-down menu?
    You can find it in the Customize dialog's Display tab. Notice that not all types of report have the Columns pull-down list. See the image of a Transaction report provided above by @Sherlock for an example.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
      said:
    Thanks all. In my experience, nearly every time Quicken gets an update something breaks with custom reports I've created. I'll try the suggestions above. Where do I find the 'Columns' pull-down menu?
    When available, the Columns: pull-down menu is at the top of the report.  For example:

The Compare to: pull-down menu may also impact the columns displayed.
This discussion has been closed.