Chase accounts " An unexpected error occurred"

I am running latest edition of Quicken premier and Win 10. When I use one step update my other accounts update with exception of Chase , I receive " an unexpected error occurred" . There is no code . They are set at " Direct Connect "

I have two credit cards and checking and on each account I went in wheel upper right and deactivated each one . Then reactivated no success . Deactivated again and performed the following steps I found posted on the Quicken community by Sherlock

To set up the Online Services to use the Direct Connect connection method (after you have deactivated the Online Services of all the account associated with Chase or created a new Quicken file), select Tools > Add Account..., Advanced Options, and choose Direct Connect, and select Next. After you have authenticated, Quicken should provide the list of the accounts it obtained and allow you to link them to the appropriate existing registers.

I still obtain the same error and transactions are not downloading . Also tried " update now " from each account from wheel right hand side .

Any suggestions? Jeff

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    You may need allow Quicken desktop access to your Chase account at https://secure07a.chase.com/web/auth/dashboard#/dashboard/securityCenter/overview/index

If the issue persists, I suggest you create a new temporary Quicken file and attempt to add the Chase accounts using the Direct Connect method.  If the attempt to import the missing transactions into the new temporary Quicken file was not successful, I suggest you contact the financial institution.  If the missing transactions did import successfully, the implication is that there may be an issue with the original Quicken file.  If so, you may want to review: https://help.quicken.com/display/WIN/Troubleshoot+a+damaged+Quicken+data+file  If the issue still persists, I suggest you try creating new registers instead of linking to the existing registers.  If successful, you may move the transactions, from the original registers, reset any reminders and payees, and delete the original registers.
  • jjrichards
    jjrichards Member ✭✭
    Hi Sherlock I did contact Chase and made sure my desktop had access to my accounts. I had a few transactions that did download both in checking and a credit card. However still received the error message " an unexpected error occurred " . I did not create a new temporary file. Since my Chase transactions are downloading , the error message is annoying, however may just leave my files as is .
This discussion has been closed.