Can't edit delete a Bill reminder

:s I have a bill income reminder that I can't edit or delete. Status is done and due is none. When I choose the delete option a box with the words "Could not delete item" appears. Data file has been validated multiple times (regular and super)

Comments

• MM2005
    MM2005 Member
    Is the message received when trying to delete.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @MM2005,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

When did this issue first start happening? Do you have a recent backup you can restore? To start with, I suggest restoring a backup file to see if the same issue occurs in the restored file. If needed, please, review this support article. Scroll down and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• MM2005
    MM2005 Member
    This has been happening for a month probably. Unfortunately, hundreds of transactions have been entered into Quicken since this started so restoring from backup is not an option.
    Some additional information. This bill reminder does not show up under the Bill&Income tab. It is only under the "Bill and Income Reminders" popup. I am running QB Deluxe, version R38.30 build 27.1.38.30
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for the additional information.

If you try holding Ctrl + Shift on your keyboard while attempting to delete it, does the deletion go through then, or do you still receive the same error message?

Check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• MM2005
    MM2005 Member
    Tried CTRL-Shift. Got the same popup box with "Could not delete item"
  • Quicken Anja
    For clarification; do you recall whether this reminder was an online bill, online payment, or a manual reminder? Is this also the only reminder you are seeing with this issue? And have you tried the "Skip" option at any point previously to see if it comes back on the following month (assuming that skipping was successful)?

-Quicken Anja

• MM2005
    MM2005 Member
    It was an online bill. I think it started coming up as $0 at some point. I did use the skip option to make it disappear. Since the issue about automatic transactions not entering properly, I changed all mine to manual. That was when I got the error because I tried to remove/delete it.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for the additional information.

Since this was an online payment, next, I suggest that you please take a moment to review and follow the steps found in this support article regarding this topic.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• MM2005
    MM2005 Member
    I looked at those steps. I am not finding a $0 transaction in the register. Are these somehow hidden?
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for trying the troubleshooting instructions previously provided and consistently providing us with an update afterward.

Unfortunately, since the previous steps provided have failed thus far, at this point, I would recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly instead, for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

I apologize that efforts from the Community were unable to resolve this for you.

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.