Online Balance wrong date == "There are no uncleared items to reconcile"

Options
Michael Cambria
Michael Cambria Member ✭✭✭
I have this problem now in 3 accounts, possibly more but I came here to see what known problems may exist. There may be more.

BoA Checking has had this for weeks. Quicken thinks the online balance is from early Feb 2022 even though I just downloaded transactions today (as well as last Sat). When I try to reconcile, to change 'c' to "R" I get: "There are no uncleared items to reconcile"

However, the register balance matches what the Android app has. It also looks like everything BoA has was downloaded.

CapitalOne now has this problem too, both for the Savor and Venture cards. Here I am told that the online balance is Feb 5 2022 when I try to reconcile. Thus I get "There are no uncleared items to reconcile" even though there clearly are. Venture had this last week too, Savor worked fine.

Where does Quicken grab the online balance from?

Should I switch (after at least a decade or two) from using online balance to paper statement balance?

My Santander checking issue is still happening. So depending on how you count, I have 3 or 4 major issues going on right now.

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where does Quicken grab the online balance from?

Should I switch (after at least a decade or two) from using online balance to paper statement balance?

Ultimately the online balance comes from the financial institution but depending on the connection method that might be a "long journey".

For Direct Connect/Web Connect (QFX file) it come directly from the financial institution as part of the data sent.

For Express Web Connect (including +) the flow is:
    Quicken -> Quicken Inc server -> Intuit server (they are the "aggregator") -> financial institution's website.

The most likely spot where it is getting messed up is between intuit and the financial institution.  The way Intuit "aggregates" the data isn't one set standardized protocol.  It varies depending on the financial institution, and as such it is real hard to say exactly where it exactly comes from.

Given that you can't talk to Intuit directly, and that you would most likely come up blank trying to get to the people at the financial institution to look into something like this, the best bet is to try to get Quicken Support to escalate it.

Other than that, the only real action the user can take on their own is to reconcile to "paper statements" even if that means looking at the current balance on the financial institution's website.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.