Issue with chart of portfolio value

MSStateDawg
MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I have a strange issue with a chart that I've not seen in the past. The chart shows my portfolio value over the last 12 months on a weekly interval. For the week ended 12/25/21 there is a strange spike in the chart. When I click that bar the account balances for that week appear double what they should be. As you can see from the picture this isn't happening for the other weeks.

When I turn off "Include unrealized gains" the spike goes away but I want that option on so I can see relatively up-to-date balances/performance.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

FYI, there was no other significant activity going on in those accounts during that week. No transfers in or out. Just a few transactions of buying and selling of securities.

Best Answer

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Check your security balances for that week.  You might have a bad price.  

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
  • MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    bmciance said:
    Great catch. Thank you!

I reviewed the price history on the security in question. BIG mistakes in the Quicken history. Not sure why this is happening. The security did split but that didn't happen until Jan 13.

I'm off to try to resolve this.

• MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    bmciance said:
    Did a repair and also a delete/rebuild on security price history. That messed it up even worse.

Had to manually find and update price on all of those highlighted days in my previous response. Chart looks right now.

This means I can never use the price rebuild function in Quicken. It is broken [Removed - Profanity].

Thanks for your help.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about naming the security ... so that we can do some research ourselves?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    NotACPA said:
    How about naming the security ... so that we can do some research ourselves?

TQQQ
This discussion has been closed.