Quicken Mobile (Android) budget flaw

Options
SomebodyInGNV
SomebodyInGNV Member ✭✭✭
edited March 2022 in Using the Mobile App
:/ I'm trying Quicken Mobile as a replacement for YNAB. (I currently use YNAB and Quicken and want to stop double-entry.) It's important to me that I have my category budget information on my phone for reference before spending money. Quicken Mobile doesn't work for that.

The amount shown as having been spent in a subcategory is the entire amount of a transaction when, in fact, the subcategory was only a split for a small fraction. E.g., my budget for wine shows having spent >$200. That amount was the entire grocery store bill. The cost of wine on a split entry was only $20.

That makes Quicken Mobile useless to me. I wouldn't use it much for anything else because the desktop serves that purpose.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @SomebodyInGNV,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and expressing your concerns.

Based on what you described above, I believe that Simplifi by Quicken may be a better fit for you. The Simplifi Mobile app basically mirrors the Web app making all features fully available from both platforms, including the Spending Plan (Simplifi's budget feature).

Simplifi also offers a 30-day trial period if you wish to test it out first before committing. Click here to check it out. You can also reach out to Simplifi's Community if you have any additional questions.

I hope this helps! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• SomebodyInGNV
    SomebodyInGNV Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    If I were to continue using separate apps, I'll continue using YNAB.

I've used Quicken for decades and value the integration of cash flow, investments and taxes. Compared to YNAB, the budget isn't great but it's adequate, if I can use it on both the desktop and online. The mobile budget being obviously broken, it doesn't work for me.
  • SomebodyInGNV
    SomebodyInGNV Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    This is a QWin issue but since I posted it here in the first place, I'll add a final comment.
    I was mistaken about the amount displayed for a category in the spending reports. The total at the category is correct. If you drill down into it, associated transactions are displayed.

My confusion is because the total amount of a split transaction is shown, even where the amount attributed to the category in question is only a portion of the total. There is a split symbol and you can drill down into it, but it's not very obvious. I guess I'll get used to it.

I think the mobile app will serve my needs.
This discussion has been closed.