Banking transactions suddenly switched between accounts

Dmill
Dmill Member ✭✭
Suddenly I have transactions (all from April 2021) that have moved from one account register to another. There are about 10 of them...and they have moved between 4 different accounts.
I just manually re-entered them into the right accounts but now I can't delete them from the wrong ones....and worse, I have no idea how or why this happened!
Crazy!

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Dmill

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this difficulty. To better assist you more information is needed. For instance, are all of the accounts from the same financial institution or different? Also, what error messages are you receiving? Could you please elaborate on how you are unable to delete them? 

Please elaborate further. Thank you!

-Quicken Paloma
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a corrupted Q data file to me.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Dmill
    Dmill Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your response.
    It happened within a couple of accounts across 2 different banks.
    Just to be clear, a transaction would suddenly be moved from one bank account to another in my program (it had no impact on the actual bank accounts…just in my Quicken register).

Everything moved over exactly…name, amount, tag, memo, etc.

I have multiple accounts set up for personal and investment real estate accounts.
    I’ve been using Quicken for over 25 years so I’m pretty experienced with it - and nothing like this has ever happened.
    Thank you
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Dmill

Thank you for your response. Could you please let us know where your current file is located (external hard drive, local hard drive, cloud-based storage)? 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Dmill
    Dmill Member ✭✭
    I have an annual subscription.
    I use Quicken on my laptop (Windows) and receive periodic downloads/updates (and it also regularly syncs to something on the cloud…maybe to my other device but I’m not really 100% sure).
    My laptop is the only place I use it.

Hopefully that answers your question.
    If not, please keep asking…I appreciate any help I can get to solve this (and prevent it from happening again).
    Thanks
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Dmill said:
    I have an annual subscription.
    I use Quicken on my laptop (Windows) and receive periodic downloads/updates (and it also regularly syncs to something on the cloud…maybe to my other device but I’m not really 100% sure).
    My laptop is the only place I use it.

Hopefully that answers your question.
    If not, please keep asking…I appreciate any help I can get to solve this (and prevent it from happening again).
    Thanks
    Hello @Dmill,

I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue with transfers. Thank you for keeping in touch with us and providing us with details about the situation.

I just want to confirm, based on your response: your active data file is located on your local C drive, correct? If so, proceed with the instructions provided in this post.

Be sure to save backups often by going to File > Copy or Backup File in the upper menu at the top of the screen. This is key to preserving your data, and it is helpful in a number of other contexts.

After this has been done, attempt to validate your file by navigating to the following: File menu > File Operations > Validate and Repair. If you have copied your data file, it may be necessary to select Browse in order to select a copy. 

I hope this is helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

This discussion has been closed.