Not able to download transactions

John W
John W Member ✭✭
Windows: can log onto bank ok, Q just not downloading anything. No Q error message, nothing. Everything worked fine last week.
Does anybody have a tip/trick/suggestion>

Thanks

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Hello @John W

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you more information is needed. For instance, what financial institution are you using? Also, what connection method are you using? 

Please elaborate so that we may provide the proper guidance? 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What bank?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • John W
    John W Member ✭✭
    Idaho Central Credit Union - Express Web Connect
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @John W

Thank you for your response. After taking a further look and attempting to recreate the issue, I found no error(s). Could you please de/reactivate the account(s) in question? Before starting the process please ensure you have made a backup of your current file. 

For instructions on de/reactivating click here

When you have a moment please attempt the steps from the Help Article above and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma
  • docpad11
    docpad11 Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem. PNC Bank, Windows 10. Did the deactivate and setup and also validated and repaired. Had a server error last week and in the process of repairing it my downloads to the online center switched from Direct Connect to Web Express Connect. Since then, no transaction downloads. Very frustrating.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    docpad11 said:
    I have the same problem. PNC Bank, Windows 10. Did the deactivate and setup and also validated and repaired. Had a server error last week and in the process of repairing it my downloads to the online center switched from Direct Connect to Web Express Connect. Since then, no transaction downloads. Very frustrating.
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Direct Connect connection method instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

I suggest that you deactivate the Online Services of all of the registers associated with the financial institution and clear the financial institution name field on the General tab.  You'll know that you have deactivated the Online Services of all the accounts when the financial institution no longer appears in the One Step Update Settings window.  After you have deactivated the Online Services of all of the registers associated with the financial institution and cleared the financial institution name field,  select Tools > Add Account....  Enter PNC Bank - Direct Connect, select Advanced Options, and choose Direct Connect.   After you have authenticated, Quicken should provide the list of the accounts it obtained at the financial institution and allow you to link them to the appropriate existing registers.

Note:  When we switch connection methods, Quicken may initially import duplicate transactions which we may delete.

• docpad11
    docpad11 Member ✭✭
    This worked perfectly! Thank you!
  • John W
    John W Member ✭✭
    Big Thanks to the Community for all the help. Problem solved
This discussion has been closed.