Problems Downloading Bank Transactions

Mdolce100
Mdolce100 Member ✭✭
For the past couple of weeks, I have been having problems downloading my bank transactions. I tried Deactivating and Resetting the online account. That caused some problems because it was downloading transactions and was not linking to the correct quicken accounts. After trial and error, I was able to correct that, but now when I initiate a download, no transactions come through. It doesn’t even appear to be connecting to my bank during the update process.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Please provide the version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken

Please provide the full name of the financial institution and the connection method being used: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E and select the Online Services tab
  • Mdolce100
    Mdolce100 Member ✭✭
    The version of Quicken Deluxe Version R38.30. The financial institution is Hudson Valley Credit Union. The connection method is Express Web Connect.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Mdolce100

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you more information is needed. For instance, are you receiving any error messages or codes? Also could you please elaborate on how it seems to not be connecting? 

Thank you!

-Quicken Paloma
  • Mdolce100
    Mdolce100 Member ✭✭
    No, I am not receiving any error messages or codes. In the past when a download is initiated, the screen shows a circular arrow near each account that I am trying to download to. Sometimes, not always, this does not appear. I know there are transactions to download, but nothing comes in.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Mdolce100

Thank you for your response and for providing additional details. I attempted to recreate the issue but was unable to. Could you please attempt a test file? Before starting the process please ensure that you have saved a backup. 

To begin please select File >New Quicken File >OK. On the popup window type in test for the file name and save it to your local hard drive. Once the test file has been created add your Hudson Valley Credit Union account(s) only. No other accounts are needed. 

When you have a moment please attempt the test file and let us know how it goes! Be specific if you encounter the same error or a different one 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Mdolce100
    Mdolce100 Member ✭✭
    This worked. It created a new file and downloaded transactions to it. Now what?
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Mdolce100

Thank you for your response and the additional details. Could you please let us know where your main/active file is located? 

Also could you please validate your main file? To do this please select File >Repair and Validate File. On the pop up window check the first box “validate” then click OK. 

Once the file has been validated please attempt updating your account(s) in question and let us know how it goes! 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Mdolce100
    Mdolce100 Member ✭✭
    My Main file was located on an external hard drive. I had already tried validating the file, but I did it again. It said that was an error with a Scheduler reminder, but it appeared that the file was validated. I tried downloading the bank transactions again and still nothing downloads.
  • Mdolce100
    Mdolce100 Member ✭✭
    I have also moved the main file to my C drive and the same thing is happening.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Mdolce100 said:
    I have also moved the main file to my C drive and the same thing is happening.
    Hello @Mdolce100,

Thank you for continuing to follow up with us about this problem. I am sorry that the trouble seems to be continuing. 

Have you also attempted to supervalidate the file now that it has been moved to the C drive? Be sure to save a backup first, then follow the instructions listed below in order:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    I hope to hear back from you, should you have the chance to provide any updates or additional information.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Mdolce100
    Mdolce100 Member ✭✭
    I tried everything you said and it is no different. No bank transactions to Hudson Valley Credit Union are importing.
  • Quicken Jared
    edited March 2022
    Mdolce100 said:
    I tried everything you said and it is no different. No bank transactions to Hudson Valley Credit Union are importing.
    @Mdolce100,

I am sorry to hear that the issue has not been resolved. Thanks for checking back in with us to provide us with this update.

Some of these steps may seem familiar, but the overall process is important at this stage. Try first copying the data file, then validating and supervalidating the copied file. I will explain how this is done below.

First, save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Then, go back into File > Copy or Backup File and select Create Copy or Template. After this, select Next on the dialogue box that appears, select Save Copy, and then New Copy. Click OK once these steps have been completed. 

Next, go through the validate and supervalidate steps (in that order) by following the instructions below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Click Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    7. Reopen Quicken
    Then, begin the Supervalidation:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Click Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    I am eager to hear your results after attempting this, should you have the chance to check back in with us after this has been attempted. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Mdolce100
    Mdolce100 Member ✭✭
    After doing this, the file now contains a bunch of old transactions back to 2018 and the ending balance changed. Not sure what to do at this point.
  • Mdolce100
    Mdolce100 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    I'm really get very frustrated and I feel like you are recommending that I do the same things over and over again and nothing is getting fixed. Please tell me how I can go back to a different release of Quicken because I believe that is when this problem started probably back in the beginning of January. I have used Quicken for many years and I am ready to jump ship [Removed - Solicitation] unless I can get this fixed soon.
  • Quicken Jared
    Mdolce100 said:
    I'm really get very frustrated and I feel like you are recommending that I do the same things over and over again and nothing is getting fixed. Please tell me how I can go back to a different release of Quicken because I believe that is when this problem started probably back in the beginning of January. I have used Quicken for many years and I am ready to jump ship [Removed - Solicitation] unless I can get this fixed soon.
    Hello @Mdolce100

I do apologize for any frustration you are experiencing, and I certainly would not recommend you repeat any steps of troubleshooting unnecessarily. Thank you for keeping in contact with me about this difficult problem.

While some of the steps may seem similar, I want to reassure you that the validation and supervalidation steps are, indeed, two different measures that are taken in situations such as these. Regarding an earlier version of Quicken; you can restore to a backup from a previous version by going to File > Restore a Backup File in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that backups are being saved often by going to File > Copy or Backup File in the same menu, you should be able to restore to a backup saved just before your most recent update.

I hope this is helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Mdolce100
    Mdolce100 Member ✭✭
    I understand how to go back to a backup copy of my data file, which I have already tried. I was requesting instructions on how to go back to a previous version of the Quicken software because I believe that is what caused this problem in the first place. Aside from that, since I have tried everything that you have suggested, are you recommending anything else to fix my problem? From the other discussions I have been reading, this seems to be a similar problem with other customers.
  • zarnickmp
    zarnickmp Member ✭✭
    I too have had issues downloading transactions from HVCU recently. I've had to resort to logging into my account and downloading the transactions as a qfx file (quicken webconnect) manually. Quicken used to do this for me when I ran an one step update. That stopped working. I ended up deactivating the online account feature for each of my and my wife's credit union accounts. When I tried to activate the online account feature, HVCU or Quicken was displaying the account names with the member number completely hidden. For example, as ***-0200 where the *** represented the last 3 digits of our member number. 0200 is a checking account. We both have a checking account and we are joint account holders on both. So the list of accounts had 2 entries for ***-0200 and I couldn't tell which was mine and which was hers. And it seemed I always picked wrong and then all of her transactions were imported into my checking account, and my transactions into hers. At that point, both accounts were messed up and unrecoverable, so I had to restore a recent backup.
  • zarnickmp
    zarnickmp Member ✭✭
    For clarification, the accounts list as "Checking *XXXX 0200" on the activation screen to activate one step update. Not as ***-0200 as I noted in my prior comment. There are 2 entries like this. Apparently, I'm not at a level where I could edit my previous comment.
  • Mdolce100
    Mdolce100 Member ✭✭
    That is exactly what happened to me. I have been also manually downloading from the bank website for the past few weeks as I have not gotten any resolution from Quicken support and they have stopped offering any support through this discussion. I keep trying the One Step Update every few days and have been getting the CC-501 Error Message...Unable to update accounts due to a problem with the Quicken Server.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Mdolce100,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Since you mentioned receiving CC-501 error; if this error has persisted for more than 24 hours, then as advised in this support article regarding error CC-501, you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files and will likely be required to file an escalation.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.