Schwab accts same last 3 digits

I have 2 Schwab login accts with 4 quicken accts. An acct in login1 has the same last 3 digits in the acct # as an account in login2. I do an add account & even though I link to the correct account quicken assigns the wrong one & downloads transactions into the wrong account. I have tried this in different orders and can't get the accts linked correctly

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    GE123 said:
    I have 2 Schwab login accts with 4 quicken accts. An acct in login1 has the same last 3 digits in the acct # as an account in login2. I do an add account & even though I link to the correct account quicken assigns the wrong one & downloads transactions into the wrong account. I have tried this in different orders and can't get the accts linked correctly
    Hello @GE123,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with transactions being downloaded into the wrong account. Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community for additional discussion and support. 

First, save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File in the menu at the top of the screen. This is an important practice in effectively using Quicken, and it will help you in a vast number of situations.

Next, turn off auto-entry by navigating to Tools > Account List > Edit. Next, go to Online Services > Auto-Entry and toggle the switch to the 'Off' position. Now, select Deactivate then confirm, and go into the General tab and select Erase the Account Number. You may have to add digits to the account number to assist in identifying it when reactivating the account.

You can reactivate the account by clicking Add Account from the Account List and then follow the prompts to reconnect with online banking services. Be sure to choose to LINK to existing accounts when this option is provided in the Actions column.

I hope this is helpful, and I look forward to hearing back from you with any additional information or updates you may be able to provide, should you have a chance to follow up with us here on the Quicken Community. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • tvpluta
    tvpluta Member ✭✭
    We have the same exact issue as GE123. Late January we followed the same steps as you mention Quicken Jared and were successful in getting transactions to load into their separate accounts correctly. We were so happy, the next time we tried to download transactions it reverted back to moving all transactions into one account, subsequent downloads have transactions going into one account.

Short of trying these steps again, is there a long-term solution to having transactions download into the correct accounts?
  • tvpluta
    tvpluta Member ✭✭
    Hello @Quicken Jared,

on 2/19/22 I followed the steps you have above and was able to download the 2 accounts we have ending in the same last 3 digits to the correct accounts in Quicken.

Today, 2/26/22, doing the one step update it downloaded transactions from the 2 accounts with the same last 3 digits into one account in Quicken. This was the first one step update since 2/19.

Any suggestions? Hope users don't need to go through the process of deactivating and adding/linking accounts prior to every time we want to do a one step update.

Thanks.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    tvpluta said:
    Hello @Quicken Jared,

on 2/19/22 I followed the steps you have above and was able to download the 2 accounts we have ending in the same last 3 digits to the correct accounts in Quicken.

Today, 2/26/22, doing the one step update it downloaded transactions from the 2 accounts with the same last 3 digits into one account in Quicken. This was the first one step update since 2/19.

Any suggestions? Hope users don't need to go through the process of deactivating and adding/linking accounts prior to every time we want to do a one step update.

Thanks.
    @tvpluta,

Thank you for continuing to follow up with me. I am sorry to hear that the problem is continuing.

The best option in this case would be to reach out to Charles Schwab support representatives in regards to the account details and the issues that these are causing, as this issue is directly related to the information on the accounts. I recommend asking to speak with a 'Tier 2' agent or escalations team when doing so, as these personnel are more familiar with outside software, such as Quicken.

Feel free to reach out to the Quicken Community with additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • tvpluta
    tvpluta Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Jared,

thank you for the reply, I do appreciate it.

Before reaching out to Schwab, can you help me understand why we are able to deactivate the 2 accounts (which have separate logins), add the accounts, and download transactions successfully to the separate accounts following the steps above, and then the next time doing the one step update is done it downloads the transactions for the 2 accounts into 1 account?

I'm trying to be helpful, I'm not a software person, but it seems like the information that is setup following the steps above is not "saved" for the next one step update? Or, is there a difference in the programming for the one step update process and the process to pull transactions when accounts are being setup following the steps above?

At least for us, the one step update process is not pulling information in correctly but after logging in to Schwab to add the account and getting moved back to Quicken & linking the accounts it does pull in the transactions correctly.
  • lharrismd1
    lharrismd1 Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue. Two user ids for Schwab in one Quicken file, 3 accounts with the same final 3 digits. 3 hours on the phone with Quicken, one complete download is correct, and then the accounts with matching final 3 digits are merged again on the next download, even with different user ids. Obviously something within Quicken which fails to identify these accounts and keep them separated. Schwab states it is totally a Quicken issue. Quicken states I should just suck it up and wait for the next update. (This from a supervisor.) Months are going by, report after report of bugs, and still we have serious flaws. I have never had issues with transactions crossing over to the wrong account before with any financial program. And as we go along with the updates, new bugs are introduced. Not a viable product right now. And Schwab is not working closely enough with Quicken which does not speak well for them either. Ready to dump both companies.
  • tvpluta
    tvpluta Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    > @tvpluta,
    >
    > Thank you for continuing to follow up with me. I am sorry to hear that the problem is continuing.
    >
    > The best option in this case would be to reach out to Charles Schwab support representatives in regards to the account details and the issues that these are causing, as this issue is directly related to the information on the accounts. I recommend asking to speak with a 'Tier 2' agent or escalations team when doing so, as these personnel are more familiar with outside software, such as Quicken.
    >
    > Feel free to reach out to the Quicken Community with additional questions or concerns.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

Hello @Quicken Jared,

I followed up with the Schwab team, they verified the account setup for all accounts we have with them is correct. Please see my post in this thread from 2/27 where I mention we can get the account transactions to download to the correct Quicken accounts by deactivating and adding them. While this works, the next time we do the one step update transactions are combined into one account.

Schwab feels it's a Quicken support item to resolve since transactions can be downloaded correctly with deactivation and adding but not with the one step update.

I spent a good amount of time on the phone yesterday with Quicken support. We shared our screen and was able to demonstrate that account transactions are going to the incorrect account. A case # was opened, it is 9277004.

If there is anything you can do to move this along to resolution it would be greatly appreciated. In the eyes of many you would be a hero.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.