Marcus Goldman Sachs

Just recently Capital 1 credit card accounts migrated to Marcus Goldman Sachs. I managed to get the new account set up at Marcus but I don't see anywhere within the account that I can click on to download credit card charges. In Capital 1 you just clicked on "Download Charges" and they downloaded into Quicken. Has anyone had this experience with Marcus? Could this account possibly have to be set up as a direct download? How can I figure this out? I'm sort of lost here.

Best Answers

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    I have a Cap One credit card and it is still with Cap One...not migrated to MGS.  Is your Cap One credit card a retail card like GM's card?
    Anyway, it sounds like you want to be able to download from from your online account into Quicken.  Is that correct? 
    If so, MGS would need to support the Web Connect connection method and they do not support that.  They also do not support the Direct Connect method.
    The FIDIR.txt file shows the following listing for MGS:
    12377    12377    12377    Marcus By Goldman Sachs    https://www.marcus.com/us/en    NA    https://www.marcus.com/us/en/login    ACTIVE                   BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT    NOT_QBP    NA
    It shows the only transaction download method they support is Express Web Connect which will allow you to set up for downloads from within Quicken via Add Account.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• fay chin
    fay chin Member ✭✭✭
    On 2/23 and 2/24/22 I tried to add My Marcus GS GM card acct to Quicken and got the following message.

"Sorry! encountered error, Not your fault.
    Quicken is having trouble connecting to Goldman Sachs.
    . Try again
    . Enter manually"

I retried many times and never got to connect.
    Please comment if you have information on this issue.
    thank you
    fkc_Lincolnwood
  • dwtrux
    dwtrux Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue and result. Is this in need of an update?
  • bill18163
    bill18163 Member ✭✭
    fay,
    I had the same problem. I was using Microsoft Edge and never did get in. I switched to Chrome and I got in and created my account and was able to set everything up. I still have not set up my Quicken account to download my transactions. I will be trying to do that today.
  • I have the same problem and have been trying for 2 days. I was able to create my account through the Marcus process but quicken errors out with the "not your fault" error when I try to add the account in Quicken. Please fix this.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    You might want to read the following Support Articles regarding "It's not your fault" error messages: 
    Since several of you are getting similar errors and it has been happening for more than a day it is a good indication that it's probably time to contact Quicken Support.  It might just be that MGS has not yet fully integrated the GM credit card into their system but it could also be an issue with Quicken's server(s).  You can notify Quicken of this issue via Help > Report a Problem or via Phone or Chat (https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support).  If they determine there is a pattern and enough people report it they will likely post an Alert in this Community while they are addressing the issue.

• I've reported this to Quicken via Help>Report a Problem.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and reporting this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have opened an escalation ticket for this issue with our service provider. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available information and updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mdb3491
    mdb3491 Member ✭✭
    I also get the same error in Quicken, when attempting to connect to the my new Marcus GS GM credit card account. When will this be corrected?
  • mvwabc
    mvwabc Member ✭✭✭
    I already had a Marcus account.  On the 2/22, my GM card account was included in my account listing when I signed into Marcus site.  However, each day since, I have been trying to add my GM card back into Quicken.  I do not get an error when trying to add the account, but Quicken only shows my Marcus savings account, so cannot add GM Card.  I tried chat on Marcus site, but two times it said there was a six hour wait for chat.  

Any information others may have would be appreciated.
  • Lee R
    Lee R Member ✭✭
    I also received the same message and chatted with support. They said wait 24 hours and try again which I did and it still came up with the same message. You would think that they would also go in and change the GM Card over to Marcus and not still be linked to Capital One.
  • Boatnmaniac
    mdb3491 said:
    I also get the same error in Quicken, when attempting to connect to the my new Marcus GS GM credit card account. When will this be corrected?
    See @Quicken Anja 's post above for the link to the posted Alert.  Click on that link and Bookmark the Alert when it comes up.  Also, there are instructions there for how to report the problem to Quicken.

• mvwabc
    mvwabc Member ✭✭✭
    After leaving my post above, I logged back into Marcus site to check if charges and payment were coming through.  Things looked fine.  I had left the chat open and I got a response that Marcus was not supporting the GM Card in Quicken.  Strange since Marcus supports their saving account in Quicken.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited February 2022
    mvwabc said:
    I already had a Marcus account.  On the 2/22, my GM card account was included in my account listing when I signed into Marcus site.  However, each day since, I have been trying to add my GM card back into Quicken.  I do not get an error when trying to add the account, but Quicken only shows my Marcus savings account, so cannot add GM Card.  I tried chat on Marcus site, but two times it said there was a six hour wait for chat.  

Any information others may have would be appreciated.
    When you have tried adding your GM card, did you do that via Add Account?  It needs to be done via Add Account.  It cannot be added when doing OSU for the other account.
    If you have not been able to add your GM card via Add Account, I suggest you Report A Problem as requested in the posted Community Alert.
    mvwabc said:
    After leaving my post above, I logged back into Marcus site to check if charges and payment were coming through.  Things looked fine.  I had left the chat open and I got a response that Marcus was not supporting the GM Card in Quicken.  Strange since Marcus supports their saving account in Quicken.
    It is very possible that Marcus does/will not support the GM card in Quicken.  That GM card is a co-branded retail card and co-branded retail cards sometimes are supported and sometimes are not supported.  It all depends on what level of support GM contracted for with Marcus.  There are many examples of co-branded retail cards that do not support Quicken while the card issuer generally does support Quicken, including Sears MasterCard (issuer is Citibank), Apple Card (issuer Goldman Sachs) and many different retail cards issued by Synchrony.
    That all being said, per that posted Alert it seems the Quicken team has found a script error of some sort.  Give them an opportunity to address that and then hopefully you will be able to add your GM card at that time.

• Dean109
    Dean109 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    FWIW ... Not sure if their MGS GM Card support teams know what they are speaking about .... But ... I spent an hour and 15 minutes on hold for the MGS GM Card support team this afternoon (the fact that there was an hour and 15 minute queue ahead of me suggests they are having all sorts of fun with their transition) and the representative then spent 20 minutes speaking with their management team to confirm and relay to me that MGS GM Card does not currently support downing transactions to Quicken for the recently transitioned GM Card product?

Even though they obviously do so for several of their other branded cards. I do hope this is not so, or if it is so, then I hope this is only for a short while they spin up this service. They would not confirm any plans or dates beyond logging my complaint / request.

I simply refuse to manually log and reconcile transactions.... so at this point, I will not be using this card any longer until this issue is addressed.

Would be interested to confirm if the issue is on the Quicken side of things or the MGS GM Card services side of things. The call today suggested that they (MGS GM Card) acknowledged it is on their end and they do not offer this as a service (for now) on this product.

Please advise if others find differently or any tips / tricks to get things going when and if this option becomes available.
  • fay chin
    fay chin Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for responding on "Quicken not connecting to Marcus GS." I called the Marcus GM card 800 number and there was a 1 hour wait.
    Has anyone successfully connected and downloaded their post switchover GM card transactions into Quicken?

Dean 109, thanks for your extensive response. I have not seen a response of successfully being able to add an account to Quicken and download the GM card transactions to quicken as it normally does and has for 30 years. Therefore I will quit using the GM card until the download works. One wonders how much testing Marcus did before releasing on the 22nd.?
    best regards to all
    fkc_Lincolnwood
  • JohnM3
    JohnM3 Member ✭✭
    Having the same problem, does not appear Marcus has any export ability at this time. Very disappointing.
  • dwtrux
    dwtrux Member ✭✭
    Figured that the fees to GM are less for less services and connectivity, I guess. Doesn't seem that this will be a priority for either GM or Marcus GS. Apple Card uses GS and has a once a month export capabilities to Quicken, which is an exportable file, not a direct connect. Maybe Marcus will do the same?
  • njrulz13
    njrulz13 Member ✭✭
    I am still getting the same error myself for the past week. I called quicken customer service and they instructed me to wait 24hrs and then try again. That was 4 days ago.....

The transition from Cap1 to Marcus has been an epic fail. Their website sucks, the app sucks (compared to cap 1). Last weekend, both websites did not have any info on our accounts so we were in the dark for 2-3 days until the conversion was completed after presidents day. Terrible conversion. No idea who planned it this way. They weren't ready.
  • i too am having similar issues. When i attempt to set up the account, i am able to find Marcus as a valid bank, it takes my credentials, it handles the multi factor, and then it stops dead. Gives me the option to try again or track manually. I have a twitter message into Marcus. Phone wait close to 2 hours, chat wait was over 6 hours.
  • Mitch H
    Mitch H Member ✭✭
    No point in contacting Marcus..Customer service not informed. Not using GM card until resolved.
  • Pharmer Jim
    Pharmer Jim Member ✭✭
    I suggest we all contact GM Rewards support and express our displeasure. They have done a fabulous job getting me to place loads of transactions and bill payments on my GM Rewards card. I won't continue using the Marcus card unless downloads are supported.
  • tnmats
    tnmats Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    I checked the Twitter feed for the new card holding company (I can't bring myself to print their idiotic name). The entire transition from Cap One was bungled badly, lots of customers can't use their credit cards contrary to the information the company provided.

And then there's the screenshot below from the Twitter feed (first time I'm trying to post an image, not sure if it's rendering properly). They have no plans to even have downloadable transactions?
  • mvwabc
    mvwabc Member ✭✭✭
    Pharmer Jim -
    After seeing your post, I went to https://www.gmcard.com/login to log in and see if I could leave a complaint.  However, I found that I could no longer log in with existing credentials.  GM requires you to log into you GM account (where your cars are listed), and link your credit card to that account.  I was unable to link my account.  Things are messed up all around.
  • MRL_Q
    MRL_Q Member ✭✭
    Same deal here. Stopped using the card and it will be a permanent option if Quicken integration is gone. Too many other choices for cards out there to deal with this for too long. Pretty amazing the short sightedness of Marcus and GM. Although this may have a strategic decision to get out of the card business at a measured pace.
  • MRL_Q
    MRL_Q Member ✭✭
    I'm not pursing this any further than this note. GM and Marcus screwed this up. If they want to continue to have mine and other folks business they need to maintain the connection with Quicken. Not entering in my credit card transactions manually in 2022.
  • dwtrux
    dwtrux Member ✭✭
    You can't even set it up manually as a credit card account. It shows up as a checking account. I guess the downgraded service is part of the cost of getting GM Reward points - done.
  • rtt_46410
    rtt_46410 Member ✭✭
    Add me to the list of dissatisfied customers. Not only with GS/Marcus, but with Quicken taking so long to rectify these download issues...
  • dscottbj
    dscottbj Member
    Ditto, I will not be using the card if I am unable to download into Quicken. Goldman Saks should have thought this through on the front end.
This discussion has been closed.