BUG: 6.6.0 Investment Account Type Bug

ddeacon
ddeacon Member ✭✭
Just upgraded Quicken Canada for Mac and instantly ran into a bug that broke the types for all my Canadian investment accounts. As soon as I sync, any investment account with the type of RRSP/RPP/RRIF/RESP etc (basically any Canadian investment account type) gets switched to "Other" so you lose all your account groupings. You can switch them back but the next time you sync, they all get switched back to Other again.

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious of why Marcus hasn't announced the release of 6.6.0.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • ddeacon
    ddeacon Member ✭✭
    I guess I should stop clicking update. This is now the second time in the last 6 months I've been burned immediately after upgrade. :-/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I see that Marcus just posted the 6.6.0 release notes.
    I suggest that you post on that thread since he monitors it for a time looking for just such kinds of problems.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7909247/quicken-for-mac-v6-6-released
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Hi @ddeacon,

Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this sync error, I understand how frustrating that can be. 

In order to further assist you, I require some more information. What Financial Institution(s) are you experiencing these syncing errors with? Also, where is your main/active file located? To see the pathway of your main/active file, you can go to File> Show "file name" in folder.  You can also get there by following these instructions: 

Opening Finder > Hold "Option" on your keyboard and click on the "Gomenu at the top of your screen > Select "Library" in the dropdown while holding still holding "Option".

Once the library opens you can let go of the "Option" key and open the folder called "Application Support", then open the folder called "Quicken". In this folder, you should have 4 different folders-- Backups, Documents, Downloads, and Logs or Log Files. Your active/main data file would be located in the Documents folder. 

Please let me know, I look forward to hearing your response. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• ddeacon
    ddeacon Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Jasmine it's not a sync error as none of my accounts are set up to sync. Try creating an investment account of a Canadian account type ike and RRSP. Then see when Quicken syncs, it changes category to Other.
  • ddeacon
    ddeacon Member ✭✭
    "@Quicken Jasmin" is it possible this is a Quicken Web problem? I decided to log in to Quicken Web and look at the investment account type and the combo box for investment accounts is empty. If I look at other account types, the combo box is filled with type such as "Checking", "Savings" etc. Attaching a photo of the combo box for investment accounts which is empty and thus it defaults to "Other"
  • Hello @ddeacon,

Thank you for your response. 

Could you please create a test file and add the investment account(s) to see if the same error occurs?
    You can do this by going to File>New>Start from Scratch.

Could you also send your information logs over to Quicken? You can do this by going to Help>Report a Problem. 

Please let me know how the test file goes and once you have sent your logs, I look forward to hearing your response. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• ddeacon
    ddeacon Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Jasmine said:
    > Hello @ddeacon,
    >
    > Thank you for your response. 
    >
    > Could you please create a test file and add the investment account(s) to see if the same error occurs?
    > You can do this by going to File>New>Start from Scratch.
    >
    > Could you also send your information logs over to Quicken? You can do this by going to Help>Report a Problem. 
    >
    > Please let me know how the test file goes and once you have sent your logs, I look forward to hearing your response. 
    > Quicken Jasmine

Done, the new file had the same problem so I submitted a problem report after syncing. Here is a screenshot after doing the sync where you can see the type has been changed to "Other" even though I set it to RRSP on account creation.
  • Hi @ddeacon,

Thank you for attempting the test file and for sending your logs.

Which Financial Institution(s) is this error occurring with?

I look forward to hearing your response. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• ddeacon
    ddeacon Member ✭✭
    The financial institution is CIBC but the account is not setup to sync with the bank, it is configured as "Enter transactions manually."
  • ddeacon
    ddeacon Member ✭✭
    FYI I was sifting through the Quicken Log on my Mac and found these entries in the ConsoleLog.txt log file:
    ========
    2022-02-28 19:25:34.093 Quicken[72230:5894363] We received 17498 records in the bank list.
    2022-02-28 19:25:35.539 Quicken[72230:5894363] accounts upload: unknown investment account type 'BROKERAGECANADARRSP' for 'MY_ACCOUNT_NAME' account
    2022-02-28 19:25:35.575 Quicken[72230:5894363] can't find QCS subType for account:
    MY_ACCOUNT_NAME
    2022-02-28 19:25:36.434 Quicken[72230:5894363] INTERNAL MESSAGE
    unknown QCS account sub-type: (null) for type = INVESTMENT
    ========

This would appear to be the problem wherever this is communicating to. I would guess something online is not recognizing any of the supported account types in Quicken Canada for Mac as others are also not recognized.
  • cat43
    cat43 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    [Edit- Off Topic]
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @ddeacon,

Thank you for your thorough responses.

For this type of issue, we do recommend that you contact us by phone so that we can see the issue live. I have created a ticket for you which you can give to the Quicken Customer Support person so they do not have to collect all your information again. The ticket number is T1-IN - 9268580. 

The Quicken Support phone number is 650-250-1900. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I hope you have a great day, 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• ddeacon
    ddeacon Member ✭✭
    A week and 3 support engineers later and this is still not fixed. Each support person I talk to starts from scratch asking me the same questions. Does Quicken take supporting your products in Canada seriously?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @ddeacon,

Thank you for your response. 

After looking further into this, I can see that we have an internal escalation in progress. Our escalation team will reach out to you directly via email if/when necessary. Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA for this. 

Your continued patience and support is much appreciated.   

-Quicken Jasmine

• ddeacon
    ddeacon Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Jasmin, with the release of Quicken for Mac 6.6.1 today this appears fixed in the desktop app per the release notes. That being said, doesn't look like Quick Web supports all the Canadian investment account types as accounts that show as one type in the desktop app, show as "Other Investment" in Quick Web. Personally I don't use Quicken Web much so all is good for me.
This discussion has been closed.