I can't get Quicken to reconnect to Prudential

In December when recovering from the Quicken/Schwab download issue, I had to remove the Online Services connection to my Prudential retirement account. Since that time, I've tried to reconnect many times but every time all Quicken does is create a new account. It never gives me the option to connect to an existing account. About a month ago, I talked with a tech support person and they said this was going to be fixed soon. When is this going to be fixed?

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Commmunity and reporting this issue here, though we apologize that you continue to experience this.

Please be advised that we currently have an open ticket on Prudential that has been escalated internally, although we do not have an ETA available at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @skiperu - When Add Account sets up a different new account instead of linking to the existing account, are you able to download into that new account during future OSUs? 
    If so, then you might want to try doing the following:
    1. Backup your data file in case something goes wrong.
    2. Make note of any transaction dates overlaps between the old account and the new account (you will want this information later).
    3. Old Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Move Transactions > Select All > select the New Account > Move > Done.  During this process any transfer transactions into/out of the old account will be updated with the new account name.
    When completed, all of the transactions in the old account should now be in the new account.  What you will want to do then is to Reconcile your new account. 
    • Make sure there are no transactions remaining in the old account.  If there are, then you will want to move them to the new account.
    • You might find that there are some transactions in the new account that are duplicates of each other.  This would be in the time period that overlaps between the old account and your new account.  Duplicate transactions will need to be deleted.
    • Also, look for 2 Opening Balance transactions.  One would be from the old account that got moved to the new account...you will want to keep this one.  The other would be from the new account set up...delete that one.
    When the move is completed and the new account is reconciled you can close or delete the old account.  (I would recommend deleting it just in case there is some corruption in the old account.  By deleting it that corruption would hopefully be deleted from the file as well.)

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Are you trying to set up via Add Account or via some other method (such as, Set Up Now)?  There have been some reports of this happening when using Set Up Now but this problem does not appear to happen when using Add Account.

• skiperu
    skiperu Member ✭✭
    I've tried both ways and the same result: a new account; and I never get the chance to align with an existing account. FYI I have the most recent version of Quicken.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited February 2022
    Another suggestion you might want to try:
    • Back up your file.
    • Account Details > Online Services tab > make sure it shows the "Set Up Now" button...if it instead shows the "Deactivate" button click on that > General tab > remove all Financial Institution Information in the upper right quadrant > OK.  (The following picture shows only 2 lines of info but there might be more lines...up to 4, I think.  The important thing is to remove all information above the "Contact name".
    • Then try doing Add Account, again.

• skiperu
    skiperu Member ✭✭
    I've used the Set Up Now button before. And I have ensured that there was any residual account information.
  • Boatnmaniac
    To clarify what I had suggested:  Since you have confirmed there is no Financial Institution Information entered you should do Add Account, not Set Up Now.   While it might appear that they do the same thing there is a subtle difference and Add Account will sometimes work when Set Up Now does not.

• skiperu
    skiperu Member ✭✭
    Add Account doesn't work. It adds the account, but even give the option to align with an existing account. I've reconnected Schwab and other accounts this way. Prudential doesn't work.
  • I've been downloading from Prudential for years without a problem, but on March 1st I started getting a message in Quicken Version R38.30 Build 27.1.38.30 on Windows 10 that an error occurred. I figured I would give it a couple of days (maybe Prudential was doing server maintenance), but still won't connect. Tried resetting and Quicken says something "it's our fault". I went to the Prudential site and turned off 2-step verification to see if that would help, but no go.
  • Geohiller
    Geohiller Unconfirmed
    I'm having the same problem as gary.dimauro but in my case it's inconsistent.  Sometimes I cannot connect, sometimes I can.  Any thoughts?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Commmunity and reporting this issue here, though we apologize that you continue to experience this.

Please be advised that we currently have an open ticket on Prudential that has been escalated internally, although we do not have an ETA available at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• skiperu
    skiperu Member ✭✭
    @"Quicken Anja" I read the Community Alert. It doesn't appear to apply to my situation. I can't reconnect my Prudential account with my existing Quicken account. It has already been 2 1/2 months since the issue started. I have called Customer Support who promised me it would be fixed by now. I'm probably at a point where even if I get the account reconnected, I'm going to have to manually add a bunch of transactions because I think there is a limit on how many days of transactions will be downloaded with a reconnect. Please help. Thanks
  • Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    @skiperu - When Add Account sets up a different new account instead of linking to the existing account, are you able to download into that new account during future OSUs? 
    If so, then you might want to try doing the following:
    1. Backup your data file in case something goes wrong.
    2. Make note of any transaction dates overlaps between the old account and the new account (you will want this information later).
    3. Old Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Move Transactions > Select All > select the New Account > Move > Done.  During this process any transfer transactions into/out of the old account will be updated with the new account name.
    When completed, all of the transactions in the old account should now be in the new account.  What you will want to do then is to Reconcile your new account. 
    • Make sure there are no transactions remaining in the old account.  If there are, then you will want to move them to the new account.
    • You might find that there are some transactions in the new account that are duplicates of each other.  This would be in the time period that overlaps between the old account and your new account.  Duplicate transactions will need to be deleted.
    • Also, look for 2 Opening Balance transactions.  One would be from the old account that got moved to the new account...you will want to keep this one.  The other would be from the new account set up...delete that one.
    When the move is completed and the new account is reconciled you can close or delete the old account.  (I would recommend deleting it just in case there is some corruption in the old account.  By deleting it that corruption would hopefully be deleted from the file as well.)

• skiperu
    skiperu Member ✭✭
    @Boatnmaniac The new account is downloading transactions. I'm going to try the account transfer when I get some time.
  • Boatnmaniac
    skiperu said:
    @Boatnmaniac The new account is downloading transactions. I'm going to try the account transfer when I get some time.
    Great.  Let me know how it works out for you.

• skiperu
    skiperu Member ✭✭
    Your suggestion worked. I was able to get my account working again. Thank You!!
  • Boatnmaniac
    @skiperu - You are welcome.  I'm glad it worked for you.

This discussion has been closed.