University of Michigan Credit Union no longer available for ANY Quicken downloading

I have had direct connect for the University of Michigan Credit Union for years. Today after downloading the latest update it is no on the list of direct account banks. What happened?

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓
    In a post thread from last October it was noted that the University of Michigan Credit Union (UMCU) no longer supports Quicken:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20206114#Comment_20206114.
    I then checked the current FIDIR list and UMCU.org is not included in it.  I did find a listing for "Eastern Michigan University CU" but not for the "University of Michigan CU."
    I also did a quick check on the UMCU website and a quick Google search and found no reference to UMCU supporting Quicken.  It does not mean they do not but it does mean that you should probably contact UMCU and inquire about it.  If they can confirm they do support it then they and the Quicken Team should contact Intuit to find out why they are not included in the FIDIR list.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @aeboro

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To clarify, could you please let us know the exact instance you are using so that we may take a closer look? A visual example is below. 

Thank you!

-Quicken Paloma
  • aeboro
    aeboro Member
    Thank you for the quick response. The University of Michigan Credit Union is not on the list above. It was on the list and I was connecting directly for years but now it is no longer there.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @aeboro

Thank you for your response and the additional details. I too was unable to find the instance you are referring to. However, since it is Direct Connect I would recommend contacting your financial institution. Direct Connect is supplied by the bank itself and we are unable to troubleshoot or escalate any issues on our end since we do not have access to the bank's servers. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓
    In a post thread from last October it was noted that the University of Michigan Credit Union (UMCU) no longer supports Quicken:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20206114#Comment_20206114.
    I then checked the current FIDIR list and UMCU.org is not included in it.  I did find a listing for "Eastern Michigan University CU" but not for the "University of Michigan CU."
    I also did a quick check on the UMCU website and a quick Google search and found no reference to UMCU supporting Quicken.  It does not mean they do not but it does mean that you should probably contact UMCU and inquire about it.  If they can confirm they do support it then they and the Quicken Team should contact Intuit to find out why they are not included in the FIDIR list.

• aeboro
    aeboro Member
    Thank you
  • aeboro
    aeboro Member
    What is most interesting is I had direct connect to UMCU just two weeks ago and today it is gone.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Lots of Credit Unions have dropped Direct Connect, figuring it wasn’t worth the cost.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said: Lots of Credit Unions have dropped Direct Connect, figuring it wasn’t worth the cost.
    But they are not even listed at all in the FIDIR - not even with a ZZZ prefix -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ps56k2 said:
    Chris_QPW said: Lots of Credit Unions have dropped Direct Connect, figuring it wasn’t worth the cost.

If might be a mistake, but not all of the financial institutions that are dropped have a ZZZ prefix.
    BTW the list for Quicken Mac doesn't have it either.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Boatnmaniac
    Chris_QPW said:
    Ps56k2 said:

If might be a mistake, but not all of the financial institutions that are dropped have a ZZZ prefix.
    BTW the list for Quicken Mac doesn't have it either.
    I'm pretty sure that FIs that are dropped will initially have a ZZZ prefix but after a while they are entirely deleted from FIDIR.  BBVA USA bank which was acquired by and merged into PNC last Oct initially had a ZZZ prefex but it no longer shows up in FIDIR at all.  That's the same month that this CU was noted as having a ZZZ prefix.

This discussion has been closed.