Trouble syncing from quicken.com

I started off getting error messages when I tried to cloud sync from the desktop software. After following directions on another post and resetting the data, it starts the process and times out. When I click on the screen, I get an error message saying it has timed out and asks if I want to wait or close the program. The data on quicken.com matches the app on my phone. It looks like transactions from the desktop are getting to the cloud and syncing to my phone, but the ones entered on my phone are not getting to the desktop.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Donna4567 said:
    I started off getting error messages when I tried to cloud sync from the desktop software. After following directions on another post and resetting the data, it starts the process and times out. When I click on the screen, I get an error message saying it has timed out and asks if I want to wait or close the program. The data on quicken.com matches the app on my phone. It looks like transactions from the desktop are getting to the cloud and syncing to my phone, but the ones entered on my phone are not getting to the desktop.
    Hello @Donna4567,   

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with updating your desktop data file from your phone. Thank you for speaking with us about this on the Quicken Community.

Are you currently making use of any Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), firewalls, antivirus software, or pop-up blockers? These may need to be removed or turned off as they can cause connection issues that prevent data from being properly downloaded into Quicken. 

I hope this is helpful, and I look forward to corresponding with you about this in the future, if necessary.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Donna4567
    Donna4567 Member ✭✭
    I only have pretty standard antivirus and firewall, but none of that has changed. I didn't have any issues before.
  • Quicken Jared
    Donna4567 said:
    I only have pretty standard antivirus and firewall, but none of that has changed. I didn't have any issues before.
    @Donna4567

Thank you for keeping in contact with me about this, and I apologize that the issue is ongoing.

I understand that the program may have operated a certain way under a given set of conditions - such as with programs like those mentioned above in use - but keep in mind that updates in servers, the programs themselves, your operating system, or the software can cause changes in behavior. This can be frustrating but it is worth noting with regards to cases where things seem to be operating differently than anticipating. 

Another option, of course, is to sign out of the mobile app and then sign back in by following these steps:
    1. Open the Quicken Mobile App.
    2. Tap the Menu icon Troubleshooting Issues with the Quicken Mobile App in the upper left.
    3. Tap the Logout button at the bottom of the screen. 
    4. Sign back in with the same Quicken ID. 
    I look forward to your response and hope to continue working with you on this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Donna4567
    Donna4567 Member ✭✭
    I've tried that. It still looks like it's working, but it gets to transactions and just spins until I click it. Then it says Windows is not responding.
  • Quicken Jared
    Donna4567 said:
    I've tried that. It still looks like it's working, but it gets to transactions and just spins until I click it. Then it says Windows is not responding.
    Hello @Donna4567

I appreciate the updates regarding the current situation. Again, I apologize that the problem is continuing for you.

Have you tried validating the file on the desktop program? First, save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, follow the steps listed below:
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    I look forward to further updates from you, should you have the opportunity to check back in with us here on the Quicken Community.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Donna4567
    Donna4567 Member ✭✭
    It's still doing the same. I don't know if it's related, but I had to do a manual update recently because I kept getting errors for that also. It seems to be the most current version now. but it still does not update automatically without errors.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Donna4657,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue and for following up after trying the steps previously provided by @Quicken Jared, though I apologize that you are experiencing difficulties.

Next, since validating failed to resolve things for you, I suggest that you try super validating your data file. 

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Donna4567
    Donna4567 Member ✭✭
    Same. I'm also getting error messages when it tries to install updates.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for following up again and for providing additional information.

Next, I recommend that you perform a clean uninstall/reinstall (this is different from simply uninstalling and reinstalling the program) which will clear out and replace the existing configuration files for Quicken (this does not affect any of your data and/or backup files).

To do so, please refer to this support article and scroll down to the section titled If the steps above do not resolve the issue. Then, open and follow the instructions found in the blue dropdown sections titled First: Download and use QCleanUI and Second: Rename Quicken Shared Folders.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• Donna4567
    Donna4567 Member ✭✭
    Followed all that. Same thing happens.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for following up again.

Unfortunately, since the previous steps provided have failed thus far, at this point, I would recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly instead, for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

I apologize that our efforts from the Community were unable to resolve this for you.

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.