Quicken locks up when attempting to edit income reminders

Since renewing my Quicken Deluxe at the first of the year any attempt to edit or enter a saved bill or reminder from the drop-down menu results in Quicken locking up.

History: Quicken Deluxe
Ver. R38.30
Bld. 27.1.38.30

Discussed on phone with customer service 1/25. Was advised to turn of anti-virus (Kaspersky). This worked once while I was on the phone. We considered the issue resolved. (Ticket # 9173976). However, the next time I attempted to input a new income reminder Quicken locked up again.

I uninstalled Quicken, logged in to myQuicken, downloaded the program and reinstalled the app and allowed all updates to proceed and complete to the Ver/Bld shown above.

Still having the lockup problem. The program *will* allow me to click the enter option within the associated register but my bank's entry doesn't match my saved paycheck information so they never match up. Previously I've simply edited the paycheck details in the Bills and Income module, entered the transaction and deleted the bank's downloaded one.

The only workaround I've figured out is to delete the saved paycheck info then re-enter a new paycheck with this pay period's details and enter it.

Help?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @ErnieCash,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Do you have a recent pre-update backup you can restore? To start with, I suggest restoring a backup file to see if the same issue occurs in the restored file. If needed, please, review this support article. Scroll down and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• ErnieCash
    ErnieCash Member
    The error was the result of a corrupted data file and took me a call to customer service to resolve. I was able to correct the error after a couple of attempts to repair the file.

Thanks!
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thanks for the update! Glad to hear the issue has been resolved through contacting support.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.