Sync problem

Roy Van Brunt
Roy Van Brunt Member ✭✭✭
My file consistently fails to sync because of a single simple $100 payment transaction in a checking account that the message deems to be "illegal". Has anyone seen this happen or know why,.. or how to fix it? I guess I could delete the transaction and re-enter it, but it just seems odd.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

What version, edition level (Starter, Deluxe, etc.) and release (R xx.xx) of Quicken are you using?
    US, Canadian or other country version?
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Are you talking about syncing to Mobile/Web?
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Roy Van Brunt
    Roy Van Brunt Member ✭✭✭
    Using current Quicken subscription on a Windows 10 PC, Home version; Version R38.30, Build 27.1.38.30
  • Roy Van Brunt
    Roy Van Brunt Member ✭✭✭
    Chris - yes - the sync to Cloud
  • Roy Van Brunt
    Roy Van Brunt Member ✭✭✭
    no helpful suggestions from anyone? has no one ever seen a simple payment transactioon termed as "illegal"?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    no helpful suggestions from anyone? has no one ever seen a simple payment transactioon termed as "illegal"?
    Something with the transaction must have gotten compromised and causes the Sync process to go off the rail. Usually, the term "illegal operation" means that the program has branched to a memory address where there is no valid computer operation, therefore the program aborts with "illegal operation" as the error code.

Are you Syncing to Mobile/Web?
    AND do you use the Mobile app on your smartphone or the Quicken on the Web feature?

The Sync process has been suspected of a number of weird happenings with Quicken.

If you answer "yes" to the first question and "no" to the latter, turn Sync off completely. You don't need it. The Sync process should only be used in conjunction with the Quicken app for Smartphones or the Quicken on the Web browser app. It cannot be used as a replacement for backing up and restoring your Quicken data file.

If you answer "yes" to both questions, try to Reset Sync so that the current cloud sync file is replaced with a fresh complete copy
    Do note that a full Sync process may take many minutes to complete.

How to reset Sync to Cloud

• Log out of your mobile app, then do this on your desktop / laptop:
    • Go to Edit / Preferences / Mobile and Web
    • Click the "Reset your cloud data" link and follow the instructions until it is complete.
    • Now log back into your mobile app

How to turn off Sync to Cloud for the current data file

• Go to Edit / Preferences / Mobile and Web
    • Change the Sync radio button and set it to OFF

• Jerry_
    Jerry_ Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have a similar problem in working in Quicken R38.30 on Windows 10. I enter a reminder into a checking account register. Upon exiting Quicken, I let the program sync to the Cloud. After the sync, I do a report on the monthly budget to see if the new transactions take hold. I am glad I do the report. for I find in the sync-back, the transaction that was entered in the register via the reminder is now absent.  I finally got tired of correcting via re-entering transactions, that I have turned off sync, I will see when I transfer a reminder to a register next time if it stays in the register when I exit Quicken and re-enter. 
    Running on the Quicken Windows Premier Subscription Plan
    Retired - former Computer System Analyst
This discussion has been closed.