Sign in box keeps popping up

bill18163
bill18163 Member ✭✭
How can I stop a sign in request every time I open one of my accounts? I don't have to actually sign in. All I have to do is click the "X" in the upper right hand corner and the sign in box goes away but it is annoying.

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello @bill18163,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of both of your data files completely and then signing back in.  However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps (just in case).
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)
    Keep in mind that the sign-in pop-up prompt may continuously keep popping back up throughout this process, in which case you will need to continue closing it each time it pops up until you reach the full sign-in screen.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• bill18163
    bill18163 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Problem solved! Thank you Anja.

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @bill18163

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this difficulty. For this instance, I would recommend signing out completely and then signing back in. Before starting please ensure you have made a backup of your current file. 

To begin please select Edit >Preferences >Quicken ID & Cloud accounts >Sign in as a different user. On the pop up window type in yes to confirm then click sign out. 

Once you have signed out close Quicken, then relaunch and sign in with your Quicken ID and password. 

When you have a moment please attempt the steps above and let us know how it goes! 

-Quicken Paloma
  • bill18163
    bill18163 Member ✭✭
    I made a mistake. It's when I open another file that the sign in box appears. I said in my original post that it was when I opened another account.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello @bill18163,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of both of your data files completely and then signing back in.  However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps (just in case).
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)
    Keep in mind that the sign-in pop-up prompt may continuously keep popping back up throughout this process, in which case you will need to continue closing it each time it pops up until you reach the full sign-in screen.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• bill18163
    bill18163 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Problem solved! Thank you Anja.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited March 2022
    @bill18163 You're welcome and thanks for the update! Glad to hear your issue has been resolved. :)

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.