Apple card

Answers

• KMC Music
    KMC Music Member ✭✭
    > @WeeSpark said:
    > its 11.15am on 3/2 & I just used Chat support for this issue. Simply told me that Quicken support for Apple Card had been terminated whatever that means. Not that it was an issue they were working on but that is was terminated. I too find it strange that a QFX file needs 'supported' but I suppose there is linking data & thats no longer supported by Quicken. Apple Card is getting pretty popular so someone needs to have another look at this. My bet is Apple are demanding something Quicken cannot agree to

Can’t be Apple’s fault if it still works on Windows. I’m surprised at the number of people here who assume it’s Apple that’s the problem with no evidence.
  • doreem530
    doreem530 Member
    This is really discouraging as a new Q user. They may have lost a customer if they don't get this fixed.
  • rkw
    rkw Member
    Same issue on importing February 2022 statement QFX file from Apple Card. So does termination mean that Apple is no longer paying the required fee to Quicken to support the QFX file?
  • rkw
    rkw Member
    UPDATE From Quicken Support-the following is copy from my chat. Read from the bottom up. So basically Apple is no longer paying fees to Quicken.

"For more information, you can contact them directly

Business said
    So basically Quicken doesn't support Apple Card anymore

Business said
    The support between Apple Card and Quicken was dropped. Apple decided to terminate the contract with us"
  • Bomeyer
    Bomeyer Member ✭✭
    back to where we were :(
  • Lysander Spooner
    Lysander Spooner Member ✭✭✭✭
    rkw said:
    UPDATE From Quicken Support-the following is copy from my chat. Read from the bottom up. So basically Apple is no longer paying fees to Quicken.

"For more information, you can contact them directly

Business said
    So basically Quicken doesn't support Apple Card anymore

Business said
    The support between Apple Card and Quicken was dropped. Apple decided to terminate the contract with us"
    But why does that stop the MANUAL import of a QFX file?

I could understand if this was a Direct Connect file download but Apple is not involved in the MANUAL import of a QFX. Apple Card give us the option to EXPORT a QFX file. What more is needed?
  • Allan L.
    Allan L. Member ✭✭
    Web Connect used to work for Apple Card transactions. As of today, it doesn't. What's changed (besides my subscription renewal just being paid)?
  • jmac007
    jmac007 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    > Really frustrating [Removed - Solicitation]

@Quicken Jasmine said:
    > Hello @Harold Rosenbaum,
    >
    > Thank you for contacting the Community. Unfortunately, the support between Apple Card and Quicken was dropped. There is no ETA for if or when it will be back. 
    >
    > I apologize for any trouble this may cause, I understand that it would be frustrating.
    > Quicken Jasmine
  • Lysander Spooner
    Lysander Spooner Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Telephone Support says they still do not know why AppleCard was removed from the supported institution list. They were given no notice of any termination of contract. The CSR read a statement from Quicken Development stating they are investigating the issue.

The CSR speculated it may be a technical problem at Apple (Goldman Sacks) or a hacking related issue that caused them to take their service offline.

Still this does not make sense since Apple Card still allows you to download a QFX file.
  • rkw
    rkw Member
    I called Apple Card support (Goldman) who raised it up to tier 2 support and they were unaware of the issue. Apple's support teams not yet notified and they are not trying to track down the issue since Quicken is saying it is Apple's fault (and all their instructions are currently not working for users and it will only get worse as more people try). No ETA since first this support team had heard of it.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @all

I understand how truly frustrating this may be. We do currently have an Active Alert now in place in regards to the Apple Card support being dropped. We do not have any current ETA's or information at this time besides that the support was dropped. 

I have included a link to the alert so you may follow it and bookmark it in order to stay up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7909485/new-3-2-22-apple-card-missing-from-fi-list/p1?new=1

We are truly sorry for any inconvenience that this has and may cause. Thank you for your continued support and patience. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• doreem530
    doreem530 Member
    I thank those of you who are staying on top of this & understand the issue. Frankly, if I can't import my Apple Card to Quicken then Quicken is of no use to me. Interesting that my annual fee is about to renew. :-(
  • Same here, I feel I was miss sold a product that now can't do what I need it to
  • BradPDX
    BradPDX Member ✭✭
    For reasons beyond my ken, Apple Card QFX imports just started working again. I didn't change anything, so I suspect a server setting was changed.
  • jdlong2j
    jdlong2j Member ✭✭
    Thanks! Just changing the fid in the qfx file worked for me. Did not even have to link the card.
  • KMC Music
    KMC Music Member ✭✭
    It is working now (without hacking the file). Obviously, something got fixed.
  • pjs22
    pjs22 Member ✭✭
    Looks like it is indeed fixed on Quicken's side, so you don't need to follow my steps.
  • Ramias
    Ramias Member ✭✭✭
    Whaddaya know! Now it works (with no changes; did have to re-link my account since I removed Web Connect last night). Hopefully Quicken can give us a full explanation vs the comments in these posts from front line support "AppleCard no longer works; contact Apple" etc.
  • skburger
    skburger Member ✭✭
    I just downloaded a fresh Quicken QFX file for February, 2022.  I edited my Apple Card account and now there is an option for Apple Card WC with the ability to drag and drop the QFX file as before.  However, doing so, still gives me the WebConnect error...
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I'd like to clarify a few things users have stated in this thread in the hope it sheds some light on the issue and some misconceptions I've seen in posts. 

Web connect is the term Quicken uses for importing a QFX file residing on your local computer. QFX is a proprietary format created by Intuit — the former parent of Quicken, and still the connectivity service provider for Quicken — which adds a financial institution identifying number to a standard OFX file. This ID number is checked online to see if the institution is participating with Quicken or not. Although it may not see intuitive, you cannot simply import any OFX/QFX file; the financial institution needs to be signed on with Intuit. This is part of the financial and operations model Intuit and Quicken have used for many years. If a financial institution withdraws their support, Quicken does not import the data. It may seem arbitrary or unfair, but again, this is nothing new and is part of how the Quicken/Intuit system works.

The problem has nothing to do with an update to Quicken Mac, as several have stated in this thread. This was proved by some users above who edited the QFX file and changed the financial institution ID number to a valid participating financial institution, which allowed the file to be imported. If a financial institution opts out of having a contract with Quicken/Intuit, there is nothing Quicken can do to "fix the problem" -- because it's a contract issue and not a technical problem. (The only exception would be if Quicken/Intuit accidentally removed a financial institution from the list of participating institutions.) In such cases, customers need to flood the financial institution with calls and support messages to encourage them to reverse their decision and sign on with Quicken/Intuit again.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • BJL
    BJL Mac Beta Beta
    Then why would Apple still let you export a QFX file if it's part of this "no longer supported"?  Just to frustrate users?  I remember some month ago when Quicken support said Target was no longer supported when it was!

• Cmoschip
    Cmoschip Member ✭✭
    > @BJL said:
    > Then why would Apple still let you export a QFX file if it's part of this "no longer supported"?  Just to frustrate users?  I remember some month ago when Quicken support said Target was no longer supported when it was!

Are you sure you're remembering this correctly? Surely support - and Quicken support at that - wouldn't be this poor.

/s
  • BradPDX
    BradPDX Member ✭✭
    AFAIK, Apple Card was never really "supported" in Quicken beyond importing QFX files. There certainly has never been any live connection that permitted updates via the web. One might be forgiven for not connecting this import problem with the ID number Apple/Goldman use for WebConnect when there has never been online support in the first place.

Anyway, it appears to work now.
  • Cmoschip
    Cmoschip Member ✭✭
    > @BradPDX said:
    > AFAIK, Apple Card was never really "supported" in Quicken beyond importing QFX files. There certainly has never been any live connection that permitted updates via the web. One might be forgiven for not connecting this import problem with the ID number Apple/Goldman use for WebConnect when there has never been online support in the first place.
    >
    > Anyway, it appears to work now.

Working for me too now.
  • ScottS
    ScottS Member ✭✭
    Just worked for me. I didn't even download a new QFX file. Used the one that still existed from earlier in the day. So as others have said it had something to do with Quicken allowing Web connect from an Apple identified QFX file.
  • SK2020
    SK2020 Member ✭✭
    working for me now - edited settings to link to Apple Card WC - had the same url as the previous one card.apple.com. Relief!
  • KMC Music
    KMC Music Member ✭✭
    > @jacobs said:

> The problem has nothing to do with an update to Quicken Mac, as several have stated in this thread. This was proved by some users above who edited the QFX file and changed the financial institution ID number to a valid participating financial institution, which allowed the file to be imported. If a financial institution opts out of having a contract with Quicken/Intuit, there is nothing Quicken can do to "fix the problem" -- because it's a contract issue and not a technical problem. (The only exception would be if Quicken/Intuit accidentally removed a financial institution from the list of participating institutions.) In such cases, customers need to flood the financial institution with calls and support messages to encourage them to reverse their decision and sign on with Quicken/Intuit again.

——————-

That doesn’t explain why the import still worked under Windows but didn’t under MacOS. A contractual issue would affect both.
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    KMC Music said:
    A contractual issue would affect both.
    I don't think thats necessarily true. I don't know if it's still the case, but it used to be that Mac & Windows support were separate - a bank could support one but not the other. I moved my BoA accounts to a different bank back in '04 because they stopped supporting Quicken Mac, but still supported Windows.

But @jacobs was correct about this not being hardwired into the Quicken software. The list of financial institutions is something that gets downloaded from Quicken every time you start the program (or at least it checks for updates every time). And he did note that this would happen if Quicken accidentally removed the bank from the list, and that's basically what did happen.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• BJL
    BJL Mac Beta Beta
    It has now worked but it did not until I exited Quicken and then reopened and then the QFX import worked. (although it did try to set it up as a new account)
This discussion has been closed.