How do I correct the date format when importing to quicken?

RRJ
RRJ Member ✭✭
I am trying to import a QIF file from Banktivity(Apple) to Quicken for Windows. All the the information populates correctly with the exception of the date. All of my transactions' dates have been changed to 19XX. for example I imported transactions from 3/2/2022 and everything imported correctly but the date is showing 3/2/1922. Is there a way to correct this? Thanks for your help.

Best Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓
    Hi @RRJ,

You'll need to "modify" or "clean up" those files in order to get the dates fixed before importing them.  You can go to this website (LINK) and download a free copy of an app called "ImportQIF", which can be used to fix those date problems. [This app was developed by a fellow Quicken Community member.]

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Answer ✓
  • RRJ
    RRJ Member ✭✭
    Thanks! I will try this....
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓
    Hi @RRJ,

You'll need to "modify" or "clean up" those files in order to get the dates fixed before importing them.  You can go to this website (LINK) and download a free copy of an app called "ImportQIF", which can be used to fix those date problems. [This app was developed by a fellow Quicken Community member.]

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• RRJ
    RRJ Member ✭✭
    Thanks!
  • RRJ
    RRJ Member ✭✭
    Quick question....in order to use this program each account has to be exported as a separate QIF file correct?

Thanks again
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Yes, I believe that is correct. Chris_QPW is the developer of ImportQIF. You can direct message him here in the community.
  • RRJ
    RRJ Member ✭✭
    Thank You
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    RRJ said:
    Quick question....in order to use this program each account has to be exported as a separate QIF file correct?

Thanks again
    This program is better suited for what you want than ImportQIF:
    http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/cleanqif.html
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In your QIF file, what does each date look like?
    1. 3/2/22
    2. 3/2'22
    3. 3/2/2022
    with or without leading zeros for month and day.
    Format 1 assumes year to be 19xx, Format 2 sets year to 20xx, Format 3 uses 4-digit year as written.
    IMHO, using Notepad or any other ASCII file text editor change your dates in the QIF file so that the year looks like above #2 or #3. Repeat for all other years within your file, 2021, 2020, 2019, etc.
    When done re-import the file into a blank new Quicken file.

• RRJ
    RRJ Member ✭✭
    Thank you
This discussion has been closed.