Need 2021 PayPal transactions, how do I change date to do this?

When I added PayPal to Quicken it only downloaded 2022 transactions. I need all of 2021 transactions. I know there is a way to go in and change the dates for the download, but it has been a few years since I have used Quicken and don't remember. Can someone please help?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    There is no way to change the download dates for downloading from within Quicken (via Direct Connect or Express Web Connect). 
    Another way to download and with date flexibility is to manually download from within the online account in QFX format (the Web Connect method).  Unfortunately, Paypal does not support Web Connect.
    However, PayPal does allow for manual downloads in QIF format (they call it "Quicken").  It is not as good as QFX format but it works.  To do this:
    1. Back up your data file in case something goes wrong.
    2. Log into your online account and go to Activity Downloads.
    3. Select the date range for the transactions to be downloaded and select the download format (select "Quicken (QIF)").
    4. Click on "Create Report".  PayPal will then notify you when the report is ready for download.
    5. When it is ready for download, go back the the same Activity Downloads screen, select the report and download it.  Save it to your desktop or somewhere else on your hard drive.
    6. From within Quicken:  File > File Import > QIF File > follow the prompts making sure to select the QIF file you just saved and the PayPal account you already have set up in Quicken.
    Let me know if this worked for you or if you have any questions.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The date you are looking for is the DTSTART date that Quicken sends when requesting transactions.
    But I doubt that you will get any new transactions in this case.  When you add an account Quicken sets that date to a very old one and leaves it up the financial institution of what to send.  90 days is a typical number.

To set DTSTART:
    Tools -> Online Center -> hold down Ctrl+Shift and select Contact Info, select the account and then select Reset DTSTART.   Enter the date, and then OK -> Refresh, and then Update/Send.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.