Current system troubles?

kimsawyer1
kimsawyer1 Member ✭✭
edited March 2022 in Using the Mobile App
I am noticing the last couple of days that when I sync my mobile app it's totally off from my online banking. It's almost as if transactions are missing from far in the past because I cannot do anything to get the Quicken mobile balances to match the online banking balances. Do you know anything about system troubles they're having right now?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    I am noticing the last couple of days that when I sync my mobile app it's totally off from my online banking. It's almost as if transactions are missing from far in the past because I cannot do anything to get the Quicken mobile balances to match the online banking balances. Do you know anything about system troubles they're having right now?
    Hello @kimsawyer1

I am sorry to hear about this issue with the mobile balances differing from your online banking balances. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community for discussion and support. 

On the one hand, it is common for older transactions not to appear in the Quicken mobile app register. You should see a date at the bottom of the screen that says 'Searched transactions back to...' Transactions prior to this date will not appear in the app.

Also, are you viewing Today's Balance? This displays all of your transactions entered as of the last update. You can swipe your finger across the balance screen in order to display other methods of tracking the balance; Quicken has three methods in total of tracking these details.

I hope this is helpful, and I intend to work with you on this in the future, if necessary. 

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared 
  • kimsawyer1
    kimsawyer1 Member ✭✭
    Thank you Jared, but it doesn't answer my question. My mobile app has been working fine until about 2 days ago. I just started updating categories from within my mobile app because I'm away from my computer a couple of days. I am looking at both online and today's balance. I'm considering pending transactions and posted transactions. However as far back as I can go the final balance from each day has been off on every account that I have. That did not used to be the case.

I'm going to be getting back to my computer tomorrow and we'll open the desktop app and synchronize from there. I'm really worried what's going on. I called your support two days ago and ask them about the difficulties and they said they were having server problems that were affecting synchronization with the cloud.

Any other ideas? Any ideas from anybody else? Any response from Quicken support directly?
  • Quicken Jared
    Thank you Jared, but it doesn't answer my question. My mobile app has been working fine until about 2 days ago. I just started updating categories from within my mobile app because I'm away from my computer a couple of days. I am looking at both online and today's balance. I'm considering pending transactions and posted transactions. However as far back as I can go the final balance from each day has been off on every account that I have. That did not used to be the case.

I'm going to be getting back to my computer tomorrow and we'll open the desktop app and synchronize from there. I'm really worried what's going on. I called your support two days ago and ask them about the difficulties and they said they were having server problems that were affecting synchronization with the cloud.

Any other ideas? Any ideas from anybody else? Any response from Quicken support directly?
    Hello @kimsawyer1,    

I am sorry to hear that this issue is continuing. I appreciate you taking the time to provide additional information regarding the situation, however.

Are you monitoring investment accounts only in the data file your mobile app? The only server issue currently involved in an open alert is affecting investment accounts with mobile. You can follow this discussion for additional details and updates:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7901477/ongoing-2-24-22-windows-investment-transactions-balances-not-syncing-to-mobile-web#latest

I hope this is helpful. I look forward to working with you on this in the future, if necessary.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • kimsawyer1
    kimsawyer1 Member ✭✭
    No, unfortunately just regular accounts. I'm really afraid that I'm going to be in a mess when I open my desktop application to try to discover what's going on.

Should I open my desktop and then sync? Or will that move all the bad information from my mobile app over to my desktop app?

Or should I restore a backup on the desktop application and manually update everything again that I've already updated in my mobile app and then synchronize to the cloud? Will that move the new correct data from the desktop application to the mobile app successfully? Which one should I try first?
  • Quicken Jared
    No, unfortunately just regular accounts. I'm really afraid that I'm going to be in a mess when I open my desktop application to try to discover what's going on.

Should I open my desktop and then sync? Or will that move all the bad information from my mobile app over to my desktop app?

Or should I restore a backup on the desktop application and manually update everything again that I've already updated in my mobile app and then synchronize to the cloud? Will that move the new correct data from the desktop application to the mobile app successfully? Which one should I try first?
    Hello @kimsawyer1,     

I am sorry that this issue is still ongoing. Thank you for reaching out again and continuing to converse with me about this.

While saving a backup is always helpful, in this case I do not believe that restoring from a backup will affect the issue as it's being experienced. 

Be sure that you are checking that the data file that you are currently viewing in the Mobile app corresponds to that of the desktop app. You can check the name of your data file in the Mobile app by looking at the top of the screen in the blue bar next to the menu icon, denoted by the three horizontal lines. You can then check that the data file in Quicken desktop version matches this by going to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen.

I look forward to hearing back from you, if there should be any additional information or updates that you can provide.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• kimsawyer1
    kimsawyer1 Member ✭✭
    Good morning. Thank you for sticking with me in this. I'm going to be back at my computer today. I'm trying to figure out what the best way to proceed is.

By the way I am viewing the same data file on the mobile app as I do on the desktop app.

Option one might be to open up the desktop app and just click sink and see what happens to both. I figure I will run a backup first of the desktop application. My Hope Is that I will keep three or four days work doing transaction categorizations.

Option 2 might be made to wait to sink my desktop application and first download all new transactions and categorize them there. Then when I think I wonder if all of that work will translate over to the mobile app and set it right again as a match to the desktop app.

Your thoughts?
  • Quicken Jared
    edited March 2022
    Good morning. Thank you for sticking with me in this. I'm going to be back at my computer today. I'm trying to figure out what the best way to proceed is.

By the way I am viewing the same data file on the mobile app as I do on the desktop app.

Option one might be to open up the desktop app and just click sink and see what happens to both. I figure I will run a backup first of the desktop application. My Hope Is that I will keep three or four days work doing transaction categorizations.

Option 2 might be made to wait to sink my desktop application and first download all new transactions and categorize them there. Then when I think I wonder if all of that work will translate over to the mobile app and set it right again as a match to the desktop app.

Your thoughts?
    Hello @kimsawyer1,                 

I am sorry that the issue is continuing, and that there was some delay in my response. I do appreciate the additional correspondence in regards to this problem.

If a sync between the desktop application and the mobile application has not yet been performed, then this is, indeed, a wise way to proceed.

I had also been wondering if you had attempted to reset your cloud data? First, save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File in the upper menu at the top of the screen. After this, go through the steps below in order:

1. Navigate to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud AccountsTo edit, click Edit dataset name.

How to edit or delete your Cloud datasets in Quicken for Windows

1. Make the desired change and click OK

1. To delete a dataset from the Cloud, click Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID. This option will only appear if there is more than one dataset associated with the Quicken ID. 

1. Highlight the name of the dataset and click Delete.  

Note: You cannot delete the dataset that is currently open.

I am looking forward to hearing more from you about this, and I hope this was helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• kimsawyer1
    kimsawyer1 Member ✭✭
    Thank you so much for going to all that trouble and giving me those possible solutions. Turns out I took the path did I described which was to get to my computer and use my desktop application and update it correctly and then sank and after I did that I opened in sync my mobile app and it looked just like the desktop app. Even all of the categorization I did in the mobile app made it over to the desktop app which was very interesting I'm not sure what caused the problem, but it seems to be resolved
  • Quicken Jared
    Thank you so much for going to all that trouble and giving me those possible solutions. Turns out I took the path did I described which was to get to my computer and use my desktop application and update it correctly and then sank and after I did that I opened in sync my mobile app and it looked just like the desktop app. Even all of the categorization I did in the mobile app made it over to the desktop app which was very interesting I'm not sure what caused the problem, but it seems to be resolved
    Hello @kimsawyer1

I am excited to hear that the issue seems to have been fixed. Thank you for taking the time to follow up with me and provide this update regarding the situation, as well as the particular solution.

Feel free to reach out to the Quicken Community again with any additional questions or concerns. 

Best wishes,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.