Quicken reporting false securities mismatch

Jeffrey Wilens
Jeffrey Wilens Member ✭✭✭
edited April 2022 in Investing (Windows)
My Ameritrade account includes an ETF with the symbol.  Googling it shows the name is "Vanguard Consumer Discretionary Index Fund ETF (symbol VCR).  On Ameritrade it is listed as "Vanguard Consumer Discretionary Index Fund ETF Shares"  On Quicken I abbreviated it "Vanguard Consumer Discretion ETF"

Every time I do a download, I get this error message (see file).  As you can see, the downloaded shares have the same name and symbol as the ones in Quicken but Quicken is not recognizing them as the same fund.

More information. 
I think I see the problem.  I went to Online Center and it shows holdings at TD Ameritrade for symbol VCR.  It states I have 11 shares in "Go Video, Inc."   That was a long defunct stock I had bought more than 20 years ago.  It was delisted.  Many years later, the ticker was repurposed for the Vanguard fund.

But why does Quicken falsely claim the name of the VCR position at Ameritrade is "Go Video" when I go to the Ameritrade website, it clearly states the correct name.

Answers

• Jeffrey Wilens
    Jeffrey Wilens Member ✭✭✭
    I found the solution for anyone's benefit I post it here.  I went to Investing-Securities List, I typed in VCR in the search and found both securities.  I went to Go Video and Security Detail View and Edit Details, then click OFF the match to online securities.  Then did a fresh download of the Ameritrade account information to Quicken.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I found the solution for anyone's benefit I post it here.  I went to Investing-Securities List, I typed in VCR in the search and found both securities.  I went to Go Video and Security Detail View and Edit Details, then click OFF the match to online securities.  Then did a fresh download of the Ameritrade account information to Quicken.
    Hello @Jeffrey Wilens

I am sorry about this issue with securities, although I am excited to hear that you discovered a resolution. We also appreciate the time you took to update us on the situation, as well as provide us with your specific solution to the problem.

Feel free to reach out again anytime with additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest you also change the ticker on the Go Video security to something other than VCR.  I would go for "VCR(old)" or something similar.  In doing so, I would copy to the old prices to the new ticker.  If applicable, I would then review the price history for Go Video and delete any prices subsequent to your final sale 20 years ago.  
This discussion has been closed.