DCU Login Failing after DCU website update

DCU updated their online website on 1/31/2022 which required users to change their user ID's and re-validate the device used to log in. Now Quicken cannot access my DCU online accounts and fails with error code CC-503. I have tried deactivating my DCU accounts in the Quicken Account List so I can re-connect these account using the "Set Up Now.." button and re-enter my login credentials. When I use my new login credentials it fails with the message "We cannot add this account because Digital Federal Credit Union is telling us that your login is incorrect. Try again, or". I can log into the DCU website with my new login credentials so I know I am using the correct login credentials in Quicken. Does DCU or Quicken need to update the login interface, maybe provide a device validation popup?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on a solution. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest that you deactivate the Online Services of all of the registers associated with the financial institution and clear the financial institution name field on the General tab.  You'll know that you have deactivated the Online Services of all the accounts when the financial institution no longer appears in the One Step Update Settings window.  After you have deactivated the Online Services of all of the registers associated with the financial institution and cleared the financial institution name field,  select Tools > Add Account....  After you have authenticated, Quicken should provide the list of the accounts it obtained at the financial institution and allow you to link them to the appropriate existing registers.
  • joezeppelin
    joezeppelin Member ✭✭
    Same results Sherlock. I had already deactivated all accounts associated with DCU so I removed the financial institution name field for each account which let me choose DCU when I did Tools > Add Account but it still does not like my new login credentials. I'm thinking that the interface between DCU and Quicken needs to be updated since DCU updated their website login.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Same results Sherlock. I had already deactivated all accounts associated with DCU so I removed the financial institution name field for each account which let me choose DCU when I did Tools > Add Account but it still does not like my new login credentials. I'm thinking that the interface between DCU and Quicken needs to be updated since DCU updated their website login.
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Web Connect connection method instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

If you haven't already, I suggest you contact Quicken Support so that they'll alert Intuit's Express Web Connect scripting team to the issue: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options
  • vital411
    vital411 Member ✭✭
    Having the same issue and got the same canned email from DCU after i reached out.

I see references to switching the connection method but am not sure how to do that. I deleted my connection in hoping if a set it up again it would fix the issue, so now its erroring out on the username/password authentication as part of the setup online account screen. I don't see anywhere where to switch the connection type. I also noticed its trying to connect to "DCU.... Old"

I also tried to setup add a new account and when typing in DCU i see 3 options, DCU Old, DCU, and a DCU business. I tried connecting the new account to the what appears to be the new DCU and also see it's asking for a username and not a member number now, but that didn't work either.

Any help is appreciated!
  • LenSe
    LenSe Member ✭✭
    After DCU updated their software and changed to a username, Web Connect in Quicken no longer works. Putting in the new username/password results in a cc-503 error. I spoke with DCU at length today and they confirm that lots of customers can no longer download this way. They think that it will take a mutual effort to fix the problem and asked me to flag this with Quicken.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Web Connect connection method instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

If you haven't already, I suggest you contact Quicken Support so that they'll alert Intuit's Express Web Connect scripting team to the issue: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You reference Web Connect.  That's when you initiate the download yourself at the banks website.
    Sherlock references Express Web Connect, that's initiated from within Q.
    Which are you talking about?  It sounds like EWC, but I wanted to double-check.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• LenSe
    LenSe Member ✭✭
    > @NotACPA said:
    > @LenSe,You reference Web Connect.  That's when you initiate the download yourself at the banks website.Sherlock references Express Web Connect, that's initiated from within Q.Which are you talking about?  It sounds like EWC, but I wanted to double-check.

I may be confusing the terms, if so, I'm sorry. What I do is open Quicken and tell it to DL all new transactions.
  • LenSe
    LenSe Member ✭✭
    I guess it is Express Web Connect that no longer works.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Q product, and what BUILD of that product are you running?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• LenSe
    LenSe Member ✭✭
    I'm running Windows 10 Pro with Quicken Premier (it's the subscription version) Version 38.30, Build 27.1.38.30.
    Both Windows and Quicken are kept up to date with each released version.

I just reviewed that announcement and verified that I have the latest versions. While posting the original post, I tried updating with the current bank info (username/password) and received that CC-503 error.
  • s h duncan
    s h duncan Member ✭✭
    Same results for me. If DCU and QUICKEN do not interoperate then my reasons for using quicken are significantly reduced.
  • s h duncan
    s h duncan Member ✭✭
    same.
  • Olaf
    Olaf Member
    Exact same issue with Digital Federal Credit Union. Since they changed their website, I can log on with them but cannot my their transactions into Quicken. Error CC-503 and it keeps asking if I've mistyped the LOGIN id.
  • pkeegan
    pkeegan Member ✭✭✭
    Same problem. Downloading via Express Web Connect worked yesterday, but failed today after the DCU required username change.
  • ATC
    ATC Member ✭✭
    Same here, going to do a manual qfx file download.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on a solution. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• pkeegan
    pkeegan Member ✭✭✭
    I started having this problem yesterday (3/7/2022). I had a chat session with Quicken. They are aware of the problem and it has been escalated. Here is the topic they referred me to.

NEW 3/7/22 Digital Federal Credit Union - CC-503/FDP-103

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7909729/new-3-7-22-digital-federal-credit-union-cc-503-fdp-103
  • dhcernese
    dhcernese Member ✭✭
    Same problem. Downloading via Express Web Connect worked earlier this week, but failed today after the DCU required username change.
    Quicken Premier R48.18 on Windows10 now. I started with MYM (Managing Your Money) on DOS
  • Abbot
    Abbot Member
    I, too, am having the same problem. Hope that Quicken and DCU can get it together. If shove comes to push, I'll stay with Quicken, and shove DCU.
  • ATC
    ATC Member ✭✭
    Ditto
  • dhcernese
    dhcernese Member ✭✭
    > @Abbot said:
    > I, too, am having the same problem. Hope that Quicken and DCU can get it together. If shove comes to push, I'll stay with Quicken, and shove DCU.

that was my thinking too. ..and i've been with DCU since 1983.
    Quicken Premier R48.18 on Windows10 now. I started with MYM (Managing Your Money) on DOS
  • pkeegan
    pkeegan Member ✭✭✭
    @dhcernese
    I've been with DCU and Quicken since the early 1990's. I wouldn't want to ditch either.
  • scott47
    scott47 Member ✭✭
    I have only been with DCU since 2001, but these new changes are pretty awful (in my opinion). Quicken can't connect to DCU to download the transactions and the only option DCU gives me to download history now is in CSV format. Unless there is something I'm missing, I can't find a way to import the CSV history to my DCU accounts, so I'm really stuck at the moment.

I also HATE how they moved the e-statements. I'm hoping that I'll get used to the changes over time, but not being able to download transactions (which is one of the ONLY reasons I use Quicken) is almost a deal-breaker. If things are fixed soon it'll be okay, but if this extends too long, I will probably need to look into other banking options....Quicken is safe, not because I like it, but because there aren't any other real options....
  • pkeegan
    pkeegan Member ✭✭✭
    There has been some progress today. I was able to connect Quicken to my existing DCU accounts today, using Express Web Connect, but there are no new transactions downloaded when I update the accounts via 'update now' (there should be some).
  • joezeppelin
    joezeppelin Member ✭✭
    > @pkeegan said:
    > There has been some progress today. I was able to connect Quicken to my existing DCU accounts today, using Express Web Connect, but there are no new transactions downloaded when I update the accounts via 'update now' (there should be some).

Thanks for your update! I was also able to re-connect my existing accounts and also am not getting new transactions downloaded, I'm wondering if this is just because DCU has not updated available account transactions to the Web Express Connect interface yet.
  • sehumphrey
    sehumphrey Member
    Thanks. EWC is no connected, but no transactions (yet).
This discussion has been closed.