Prudential Retirement OL-292-B error

Pat Marshall
Pat Marshall Member ✭✭✭
Prudential Retirement update is failing for the last 4 days giving the OL-292-B error. It did work once yesterday but has now reverted back to failure. Quicken is unable to complete your request as the request was invalid. Quicken website suggestions for this error do not work.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Commmunity, reporting this issue here, and attempting to follow the instructions found in the support article that was previously provided by @Quicken Paloma, though we apologize that you continue to experience this.

This issue has been escalated internally, although we do not have an ETA available at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Ladewig
    Ladewig Member ✭✭
    Having the same issue here.
  • jcpierson
    jcpierson Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Hello All, 

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. For this particular instance, please refer to the Help Article linked below for more information and troubleshooting steps. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-ol-292

When you have a moment please attempt the steps from the help article linked and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Pat Marshall

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, although we are sorry to hear that your issue is still persisting. If you have attempted to steps from the Help Article regarding error OL-292 we recommend contacting your financial institution. We, unfortunately, do not have access to their servers and we are also unable to escalate this issue on our end. Please refer to the segment from the Help Article for error OL-292 below. 

If you have any other questions or concerns please let us know. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • fitz6544
    fitz6544 Member ✭✭✭
    Having the same problem and the fix listed above did not work.
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Having the same issue for the past few days.
  • Pat Marshall
    Pat Marshall Member ✭✭✭
    OL-292-B error persists today with Prudential. Got an accurate update once yesterday, but most of the time get the error as shown in attachment. I called Prudential and they defer to Quicken.
  • lladna
    lladna Member ✭✭✭
    Same issue. I did the steps recommended by Quicken Paloma (Online Center, CTRL-F3, etc.) and no change.
    Has anyone had success fixing other ways or talking to Prudential?
    Thanks for any help!
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Commmunity, reporting this issue here, and attempting to follow the instructions found in the support article that was previously provided by @Quicken Paloma, though we apologize that you continue to experience this.

This issue has been escalated internally, although we do not have an ETA available at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Pat Marshall
    Pat Marshall Member ✭✭✭
    This morning (3/7/22) I once again am getting the OL-292-B repeatedly. However, yesterday I was able to update several times without the error. I understand that Quicken is working on this and will update at a later time, but I am just letting users know the current situation. (It is odd that early this AM I had the same issue with multiple other accounts giving the error and the 501 error. That resolved, and now only this account won't work. I blame Russia.)
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    This morning (3/7/22) I once again am getting the OL-292-B repeatedly. However, yesterday I was able to update several times without the error. I understand that Quicken is working on this and will update at a later time, but I am just letting users know the current situation. (It is odd that early this AM I had the same issue with multiple other accounts giving the error and the 501 error. That resolved, and now only this account won't work. I blame Russia.)
    It isn't a Quicken issue but a Prudential issue. I am having the same issue as you in Quicken but I am also having an issue with some other financial aggregators (ie Mint, Fidelity, etc.).
  • fitz6544
    fitz6544 Member ✭✭✭
    Yep...same error here, OL-292-B has been occurring for some time. The suggested action didn't work so I'm in the same boat as the rest of the folks. Hopefully the escalated issue will be resolved soon. Trying to reach someone at Prudential who knows what you're talking about has been an exercise in futility.
  • frank479
    frank479 Member ✭✭
    Whenever we have a connectivity problem that spans more than a week, you can just guess that Prudential is involved. We went through a similar issue with them back at the start of 2020. And I think it took about 6 months to resolve. Nothing but finger-pointing & indifference... like it wasn't their problem. They really showed back then what they thought of their customers. I hope we're not going through that again.
  • raustin316
    raustin316 Member ✭✭✭
    I just spoke with a Prudential representative who said that nothing has changed on their end with the Quicken connection. There have been some updates with Quicken lately and I am wondering if it is related to the update.
  • photojag
    photojag Member ✭✭
    Same issue here. I called Prudential and they were not able to diagnose since all of my setup info was correct as per their instructions. I have been downloading transactions from Prudential through Quicken for years up to 2 weeks ago and got the OL-292 error that accounts are not recognized. I also followed the Quicken instructions on updating Online Services Contact Info Rebranding... and that did not solve the problem. Another account I have to update manually, I may as well go back to Quicken 2020 - why subscribe?
  • Pat Marshall
    Pat Marshall Member ✭✭✭
    The OL-292-B issue had been intermittent, but it now appears to happen almost every time. I would hope that at the very least support folks with each organization would communicate with one another since neither Quicken or Prudential own the problem. If there is no solution, then the users could at least quit having unfulfilled expectations and accept failure.
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    The OL-292-B issue had been intermittent, but it now appears to happen almost every time. I would hope that at the very least support folks with each organization would communicate with one another since neither Quicken or Prudential own the problem. If there is no solution, then the users could at least quit having unfulfilled expectations and accept failure.

Same for me. Works sometimes but not working again. At least I was finally able to get my Prudential acct. to reconnect on Fidelity.com.
  • rtro1926
    rtro1926 Member
    Hopefully the Quicken Technical staff will take the lead in the communications between Quicken and Prudential so that they can do "end to end testing" on the issue. These situations that require communication between 2 companies can be "challenging" if each company asks the customers to contact the "other company".
  • captainfletch
    captainfletch Member ✭✭
    I changed nothing and my Prudential account is downloading transactions fine. The last tech update i received was 03/31 stating it was an ongoing issue. seems its been resolved.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!
  • bellevue631
    bellevue631 Member
    This issue has happened in the past and usually after a month it starts working again. But now that they've sold to "Empower" I'm sure there in no rush to rectify. According to Empower customers you can only download updates via their website page not by quicken.
  • Pat Marshall
    Pat Marshall Member ✭✭✭
    bellevue631, I bet you're right. Not likely the Prudential sale to Empower will feel like an upgrade. I guess I can do without the download, but I'd rather not. I have wondered if my former employer will change to a different company, but if they did I wouldn't be surprised if they separated the employed from the retired.
  • Zeke
    Zeke Member ✭✭
    I got my downloads to start working again by changing my customer ID to my social security number instead of my website login ID.
  • bellevue631
    bellevue631 Member
    Hate to use SS# on anything, but for $20.00 Im sure its for sale on dark web…thanks for info zeke
This discussion has been closed.