Capital One 360 issues with one-step update and reauthorizing

Fran101
Fran101 Member ✭✭
What is going on with Capital One 360 and downloading my transactions. Suddenly, I had to reauthorize my accounts and re-connect and it won't reconnect. I've done this countless times. I called Capital One because that's the phone number that comes up with the error, they are not knowledgeable about connectivity with Quicken Premier. I've been troubleshooting to no avail. It's impossible to resolve this. Can somebody help with this issue or refer me to who can help?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello @Fran101,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue for which we have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for any and all updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Fran101
    Fran101 Member ✭✭
    I'm still troubleshooting and still getting the error message stating that Quicken is having trouble connecting to Capital One and it's not my fault. C'mon people. This shouldn't be happening!
  • Fran101
    Fran101 Member ✭✭
    This is getting even crazier. I am doing a single update on another account from another bank. Why in the world is Capital One 360 asking for authorization again when I'm not even working with Capital one?
  • Don Cole
    Don Cole Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Now both Capital One and PNC Bank. [Removed - Disruptive]  This has gone on now for a couple weeks
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello @Fran101,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue for which we have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for any and all updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• rikwvu
    rikwvu Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    As of today, the Capital One 360 issue is unresolved
  • DesertRat
    DesertRat Member ✭✭✭
    I'm having a similar issue with Capital One Credit Card Services / Capital One 360. I believe I've got my credit cards activated but my not my bank accounts.  After numerous attempts to reauthorize them, I finally deactivated them in Quicken. Now when I try to setup Online services, I get the following error message "We couldn't get information about Capital One 360. This account will be set up as a manual account."  I tried importing transactions from Capital One's website which was successful but it changes my financial institution from Capital One 360 to Capital One Bank - New which isn't an option for online setup. Further attempts to select Capital One 360 are fruitless.
  • Fran101
    Fran101 Member ✭✭
    This is just getting progressively worse. This morning I tried again to connect my Capital One 360 checking account. Today's error message said they couldn't find anything for Capital One 360 Checking and the account will be set up as manual.

Is anybody taking any interest in this? This is a very expensive membership. This should be a top priority!
  • thebenskys
    thebenskys Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Same problem - trying Quicken Support(?) and now I also get the error message "We couldn't get information about Capital One 360. This account will be set up as a manual account." Capital One problems have been going on for several months. Why can't this be fixed? If it is Capital One's fault, just tell us and I will be more than happy to move my accounts elsewhere - their savings account interest rate is allegedly 0.4% - others offer the same or better.
    Quicken - when will you resolve this or tell us what is going on?
  • Fran101
    Fran101 Member ✭✭
    Tonight, my error message said "oops we're having a problem" cc-501. How long is thing going to take to fix?
  • Joe Editor
    Joe Editor Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Hi, guys...I'm also having the same freaking problem and I'm getting thoroughly sick and tired of this. Just a month or so ago I had pretty much the same problem and the tech said I had to basically deactivate and re-establish the link with Capital One checking. it worked until it didn't...yesterday. same issues as you guys---can't find the account, 501, I'm even getting some error 800. But all the other accounts download just fine. Get this fixed [Removed-Disruptive]
  • Joe Editor
    Joe Editor Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Hi, everyone...I just got off chat with a rep, who was able to help me solve the issue. in a nutshell, I had to do the same thing i did earlier this month: deactivate the account and then add a new account (capitalone-new). This solved the problem..but it will come back again eventually i'm sure. [Removed - Speculation]
  • Fran101
    Fran101 Member ✭✭
    Thank you Joe Editor. We'll see how long it lasts!
  • Fran101
    Fran101 Member ✭✭
    as I suspected, only one account actually downloaded. my two other accounts failed.
  • Fran101
    Fran101 Member ✭✭
    It is never ending. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect some kind of communication from Quicken and Capital One on this ongoing issue. I have been using Quicken for years, and now, as a member, I really feel like I'm thrown to the trash. Capital One 360 is my main bank and I totally rely on the one step update for transactions. I've not had one communication from Quicken about this. The troubleshooting steps are non-productive. So, as I said, it's only reasonable that a communication should be sent out based on the seriousness of this ongoing issue. Quicken, you are speaking for yourself loud and clear.
  • sitton1
    sitton1 Member
    This has been a problem since October with no resolution....? Quicken, when will you have a real update on this?
  • talbout
    talbout Member
    I have not been able to download my accounts from Capital One for months. This is very inconvenient. Please do your best to resolve this matter.
  • jkillberg
    jkillberg Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Super annoying. I got the 'you need to re-authorize' message over the weekend. Failed over and over. Deactivated and then tried to reactivate accounts. Now I'm stuck in a loop of 'Sorry, we encountered an error.' [Removed - Solicitation]
  • jkillberg
    jkillberg Member ✭✭✭
    So ... is this ever going to be fixed / addressed? I have used Quicken and Capital One for years and never had an issue. I've tried disconnecting / reconnecting / ensuring that I blank out certain fields before reconnecting / etc. - all with no success. I am using Capital One through other aggregators successfully, so I am doubtful that this is a problem on Capital One's side - anything else I should be trying?
  • jkillberg
    jkillberg Member ✭✭✭
    Any updates on this issue, Quicken? I definitely understand that bugs/issues arise and need to be fixed. However, now that Quicken has moved to a subscription service which requires a payment every year to keep your Online Services up to date, it is especially frustrating when I am no longer getting the value for that annual payment. Looking forward to any potential updates on this issue.
  • Fran101
    Fran101 Member ✭✭
    I am also concerned about the membership renewal fee. I think this year it should be waived because of the ongoig and elongated damaged connection with one step update and Capital One 360. Anybody's thoughts on this? Quicken is essential to me as it is to millions of others also, but they have to be decent with people on their shortcomings. Being decent and taking care of longtime users can only be a positive outcome.
  • talbout
    talbout Member
    Now it's been months. Quicken cannot download Capital one 360 . Its time to let us know that someone is working on it, or if it ever can be fixed. Renewal is doutfull unless we get an answer,
  • Fran101
    Fran101 Member ✭✭
    Some kind of communication and answer to this situation is due at the very least.
  • Irv Spalten
    Irv Spalten Member ✭✭
    I think posts like this letting us know it is not fixed is getting a little 'stale'.

"For the time being, this issue is still ongoing. Our teams are working at a resolution, but we are currently unable to provide an ETA for when this may be completed. We apologize for the inconvenience this causes, and we want you to know that we appreciate your patience."

Patience is wearing kind of thin. Maybe some more direct full information might make 'us' feel better? Like what the actual problem is and where is it centered, at Quicken or Capital One? I am starting to wonder if this is ACTIVELY being worked or if there are negotiations going on that take time?

Also, is there a a WORKAROUND?

I've seen some posts that they recreated the account but I've seen NO 'official' answer on how to get the data? Can someone at least give us that, other than manually creating it?

Any positive news would be better than the same post every week.
  • Fran101
    Fran101 Member ✭✭
    True.
  • DKuo
    DKuo Member ✭✭
    I was able to fixed my Capital One 360 linking issue. Below are steps I took

1. When viewing your Capital One 360 account, click on the Setting wheel in upper right
    2. Select "Edit Account Details"
    3. Under Online Services, click on "Deactivate" button
    4. Repeats above steps for your other Capital One 360 accounts under same login name

5. (Optional Step but I did it anyway) Save the current setting and exit out of Quicken. Then relaunch Quicken
    6. Under Accounts, click on the + to "add account"
    7. Search "Capital One" and select "Capital One Bank - New" <--- Make sure you select "Capital One Bank - New" and =NOT= "Capital One 360"
    8. Proceed with your login credential
    9. You will be prompted with a list of your accounts. Instead of creating new, you link each of the account to your existing Quicken Account.
  • Fran101
    Fran101 Member ✭✭
    Yes, thank you. I don't find it to be stable though
  • talbout
    talbout Member
    tried it several times, Still does not work. I wonder if Quicken even reads these posts!
  • Fran101
    Fran101 Member ✭✭
    I don't think they do. But membership renewal is due soon, I feel strongly that it should be waived.
  • jkillberg
    jkillberg Member ✭✭✭
    As of today, it seems like changes have been made, but this integration still does not work. And it seems like it has a bigger problem, as today the consent/authentication process popped open a new browser window (outside of Quicken), that once complete, does not seem to update itself back within Quicken itself.

If this would be helpful at all for the developer(s) trying to fix this:

In Quicken, I go to add a new account and pick Capital One Bank - New.
    Next window in Quicken prompts me to Sign In. Click Sign In button.
    New browser window outside of Quicken pops up (in my case, in the Edge browser).
    This url looks like it is a Capital One consent URL.
    I log in, and pick my accounts. Click Authorize.
    It then appears to go through some OAuth steps:
    - a POST to https://api.capitalone.com/oauth2/consent/submit?correlationId=XXXXX
    - Then, a GET to https://partnerauth.platform.intuit.com/external_partner/capitalone/callback? with the values from the first response
    - This returns with a 307 status (a redirect)
    - The browser then redirects to https://services.quicken.com/oauth-redirect/XXXXXXXX and receives a 200 response with the message "Your accounts have been authorized successfully!
    You will now be redirected back to Quicken."

And the process dies at this point. Quicken tells me "Sign In to Capital One Bank failed. Try again.
    Sorry, the sign in failed due to time out or a connection error." and the browser window that did the OAuth redirect remains open.
  • Fran101
    Fran101 Member ✭✭
    Good Lord! That's even more messed up!
This discussion has been closed.