39.21 breaks sync

One-step update and/or cloud sync now just hang after 2-3 minutes and Quicken freezes. [Removed - Sarcasm]

Comments

• MikeS 18
    MikeS 18 Member ✭✭
    Agree. Sync is hanging up and it looks like Schwab again. I tried One Step and it hung up (20mins no return) and then did some singlularly and it seems like the Schwab is broken again. C'mon guys. I haven't had these many problems (Capital One still broken) as this year in the 20 years I've been a customer. You need to revisit the quality testing...
  • JNeubauer3
    JNeubauer3 Member ✭✭
    + Having this issue since Update to R39.21
  • edrobichaud
    edrobichaud Member ✭✭
    Price/Quote update still works, so will forego any other syncing and revert to manual postings and reconciles. I've lost faith in the online version.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    One-step update and/or cloud sync now just hang after 2-3 minutes and Quicken freezes. [Removed - Sarcasm]
    Hello @edrobichaud,

I am sorry to hear about this issue with Quicken hanging after attempting a One Step Update. Thank you for taking the opportunity to talk with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

Have you tried validating your current data file? First, save a backup by going into File > Copy or Backup File in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, follow the steps listed below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Click Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I look forward to hearing back from you once it has been confirmed that these steps have been attempted. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • JNeubauer3
    JNeubauer3 Member ✭✭
    @Quicken -- Nope, that doesn't resolve the issue.
  • edrobichaud
    edrobichaud Member ✭✭
    Syncing and online portfolio update now appears to work. Would be nice if there were better on-screen progress reporting, as screen goes black momentarily and full 1-step update can take 3+ minutes
  • MikeS 18
    MikeS 18 Member ✭✭
    Still not working. Supervalidated my file. closed quicken and reopened. reduced number of account to be synced and still not completing after 15+ minutes.
  • mskot
    mskot Member
    Same issues.. It is no fixed...
  • MikeS 18
    MikeS 18 Member ✭✭
    I spent time on chat yesterday and we did a lot of different things to try to get this to work. In the end I was able to solve all issues by turning off windows firewall and then turning it back on. Apparently, windows updates sometimes blocks quicken from access external things and resetting corrects the problem. Don't know if it will work for you, but it resolved One Step Hangs for my Capital One, Schwab and Paypal accounts.
This discussion has been closed.