Freezing when I try to go to Bills & Income

Options
Verlinda
Verlinda Member
:'( Called Support and they said to remove iCloud services, then un-install and re-install. I went to see if there were iCloud services showing and can't find any......HELP! I am NOT a computer Techy person. Is there someone out there who can remotely fix my issue?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Verlinda,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with if you haven't already, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Verlinda
    Verlinda Member
    Options
    Before I try this, is it OK to save a copy on DROPBOX?
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Verlinda said:
    Before I try this, is it OK to save a copy on DROPBOX?
    Are you referring to storing your main data file on DropBox? If so, while you can safely store data files and backups on a cloud-based drive, we do highly advise against running (opening and working in) Quicken while it is stored there.

Please, refer to this support article for more information. Also, please keep in mind that while the article does reference DropBox specifically, the content of the article also applies to all cloud-based services. 

I hope this helps! 

-Quicken Anja

• Verlinda
    Verlinda Member
    Options
    So, when I EXIT Quicken, I should always use a scan disc?
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Could you clarify what you mean by "Scan Disc"?

If your data file is stored locally on your computer hard drive, however, you will not need to take any extra steps when exiting Quicken.

-Quicken Anja

• Verlinda
    Verlinda Member
    Options
    I can't tell you how much I appreciate YOUR HELP. It DID work and now I can get in. Thank you, thank you dear person.
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    @Verlinda You're very welcome and thank you for the update! I'm glad to hear that worked for you. :)

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.