Account register balance is wrong after updating to R39.21

CharlesC
CharlesC Member ✭✭
After accepting the update to R39.21 my wife's Quicken file shows the wrong ending balance in her checking account. Yet it is correct on the Account list display window.
I have not updated my computer's Quicken and do not have that issue. I am on R38.30

Comments

• Randy H.
    Randy H. Member, Windows Beta Beta
    I'm having the same issue. I restored to a previous version of my data file, but the issue is still there.
  • CharlesC
    CharlesC Member ✭✭
    Got around the issue by uninstalling Quicken on my wife's computer and re-installing it from my 2018 CD. (That's the last physical disc I have.) That only updated it to R38.30 because R39.21 is not yet considered fully deployed so it's not included it the generic update.
    However, the latest data file had been corrupted by R39.21 so I had to restore to the previous version which was fortunately only one day old and everything looked correct. The account register ending balance matched the account list balance displayed on that panel.
    Buggy update R39.21 needs to be fixed!!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    CharlesC said:
    Got around the issue by uninstalling Quicken on my wife's computer and re-installing it from my 2018 CD. (That's the last physical disc I have.) That only updated it to R38.30 because R39.21 is not yet considered fully deployed so it's not included it the generic update.
    However, the latest data file had been corrupted by R39.21 so I had to restore to the previous version which was fortunately only one day old and everything looked correct. The account register ending balance matched the account list balance displayed on that panel.
    Buggy update R39.21 needs to be fixed!!
    Please see my post here, to make sure you really got this cleaned up (you will need to run Validate and Repair to be sure).
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20251964/#Comment_20251964
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • lrem
    lrem Member ✭✭
    It looks like when first setting up the "new" direct connect for a bank the quicken BEGINNING BALANCE number is changed to the starting balance the bank has for whatever banking period they use. For example, if your bank gives 90 days of data for a first time download, then magically your beginning balance (even if it is 3 years earlier) will change to the balance from 90 days ago! For me, most of my beginning balances should be zero, so just changing the beginning balance back to zero worked. If your beginning balance isn't zero you should note it before setting up the "new" direct connect method and then change it back until this problem is fixed!
This discussion has been closed.