Connection issues w/ banks, specifically UBS [Edited]

de4bs
de4bs Member ✭✭
I cannot connect w/ UBS. Is there any way of knowing if the problem is on the Quicken side or the UBS Side? My credentials work fine logging in to UBS directly online and all of my other bank connections work fine.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this error, though I apologize for the inconvenience.

Our teams are aware and have opened an escalation ticket for this. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all updates.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @de4bs

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you more information is needed. For instance, what error codes or messages are you receiving? Also, what connection method are you using? 

To check the connection method being used select the account in question then, Settings >Downloads

Please elaborate further so that we may provide the proper guidance. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • de4bs
    de4bs Member ✭✭
    Hi @Quicken Paloma. This uses Direct Connect, and has worked flawlessly for years. The error code is as follows:
    "Download Error (2000) We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please call 888-279-3343."
    I should add that I manage both my mom's finances and my in-laws, and all 3 quicken accounts are experiencing the same issue. I have also called UBS and the poor call center rep did not have a clue, but did submit a ticket.
    Thank you!
    DEF
  • Hi @de4bs,

Thank you for your response. Could you please try deactivating and reconnecting the UBS account?

First, deactivate all the accounts with the affected financial institution

1. Open Quicken.
    2. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts;
    3. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution (FI) that are hidden in Lists;
    4. When complete, click the Settings button in the bottom right of the register for the affected account;
    5. Click on the Downloads tab.
    6. Click on Disconnect Account, then click Done. Do this on each account with this FI. 
    7. Quit Quicken.

Second, delete Quicken passwords from the Keychain

1. Open Finder and go to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app;
    2. On the left panel in the Keychain app, set the Keychains to Login and the Category to Passwords.
    3. Find and delete any entries that show Quicken or Quicken Connect and this FI name;
    4. Quit the Keychain Access app and open Quicken.

Third, update the bank list in Quicken and reconnect accounts

If there are multiple affected accounts

1. Go to Accounts > New and pick an account type matching one of the affected accounts.
    2. At the bottom of the window that lists the financial institutions, click the "My bank is not listed" question mark icon; then click Update List.
    3. When the list finishes updating, it will display the current date. Click the Show List button to continue.
    4. Type the name of the financial institution and make the appropriate selection.
    5. Enter your login credentials and click Continue.
    6. When Quicken has returned all accounts discovered for this FI: In the Action column, make sure that the accounts are set to LINK to the corresponding accounts in Quicken (rather than Add or Ignore).  

If there is a single affected account

1. Select the affected account in the account sidebar.
    2. Go to Settings > Downloads tab and select Connect Account.
    3. At the bottom of the window that lists the financial institutions, click the "My bank is not in the list" question mark icon; then click Update List.
    4. Type the name of the financial institution and make the appropriate selection.
    5. Enter your login credentials and click Continue.
    6. When Quicken has returned all accounts discovered for this FI, make sure the corresponding account is showing LINK in the action column and all other accounts are showing Ignore.
    Here is a link to an article that contains these instructions:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/error-15500-or-2000-updating-accounts-quicken-mac

Please let me know how this works for you, I look forward to hearing your response. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• de4bs
    de4bs Member ✭✭
    OK... done. Sadly, this did not work. I had already disconnected the accounts and attempted to reconnect, but without the deleting the PW form the keychain. Seems like it must be on the UBS side of the handshake.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @de4bs

Thank you for your response. Pardon the inconvenience but it seems like this issue should be resolved by your financial institution especially since you are using Direct Connection. We do not have access to bank servers so we would not be able to escalate either. Please follow up with your financial institution for further assistance and let us know if you have any other questions in the mean time. 

Thank you! 

-Quicken Paloma
  • rabourassa
    rabourassa Member ✭✭
    Is this a quicken problem I was told on the phone yesterday they are working on it what's the real problem for 2 days now? When is the fix going to happen?
  • dcspa
    dcspa Member ✭✭
    We are all having UBS issues. Please provide an update.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this error, though I apologize for the inconvenience.

Our teams are aware and have opened an escalation ticket for this. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all updates.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• RichJ
    RichJ Member
    For whatever it's worth, encountering the same issue on Premier for Mac.
  • scott abbey
    scott abbey Member ✭✭
    The Community Alert was marked resolved on 2/16, but I am still experiencing the issue.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @scott abbey,

Thank you for your response, I am sorry that this issue is still occurring for you even though it was marked as resolved. 

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you currently have running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken
    Next, I suggest deactivating the account(s) experiencing this error, removing the saved login credentials from the Keychain Access app, and then reactivating the accounts. However, before doing so, I do recommend saving a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, please check and make sure you do not have any hidden accounts that may be connected to this financial institution.
    1. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts
    2. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution that are checked as hidden in Lists
    After that, please follow the troubleshooting instructions below.
    1. Open the account register and navigate to the Settings gear on the bottom-right corner
    2. Click on the Downloads tab
    3. Click Disconnect Account (if there are more than one account associated with this financial institution, please repeat steps 1 through 3 for each account)
    4. Quit Quicken
    5. Open Finder and navigate to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app
    6. On the left panel in the Keychain Access app, set the Keychains to Login and the Category to Passwords
    7. Search for the financial institution's name in the top-right search field and delete any entries found showing "Quicken password for [your financial institution username] at [financial institution name] "
    8. Quit the Keychain Access app and reopen Quicken
    9. Navigate to Accounts > New and choose the appropriate account type for the accounts that you previously deactivated 
    10. At the bottom of the window showing the list of the financial institutions, click on the "My bank is not listed" question mark icon, then click Update List
    11. Wait for the list to finish updating and Updated: " displays the current date.
    12. Click the Show List button to continue
    13. Use the search field at the top of the list to find and select your financial institution and click Continue
    14. Follow the prompts to sign in using your login credentials associated with the financial institution
    15. If the accounts have been found successfully; use the dropdown menus to link each account to the appropriate account in Quicken
    Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• scott abbey
    scott abbey Member ✭✭
    Followed this procedure. Still having the problem.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @scott abbey,

Thank you for your response and for posting a screenshot of the error. I am sorry that this is still occurring for you. 

Could you please send your information logs over to Quicken? You can do this by going to Help>Report a Problem. It would be great if you could also include that screenshot of the error with your logs. 

Please let me know when you have completed this, I look forward to hearing your response.
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• scott abbey
    scott abbey Member ✭✭
    I'll do that - again. I've already submitted that several times. And now it's submitted.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @scott abbey,

Thank you for submitting your logs again and for letting me know!

After looking further into your information logs and finding the error it seems that your account has been disabled due to failed login attempts.

Go to www.ubs.com/onlineservices to self-service and re-set your password. From the login page, select “Forgot Password” and reset your password. Once you have completed this step, on the same login page you will need to go to the top of the home page, select “Profile Settings” and click “Activate Financial Software download”. This will allow third-party access so Quicken can connect. 

Please let me know when you have completed this and how it goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• scott abbey
    scott abbey Member ✭✭
    That's incorrect. I can logon successfully to UBS Online Services - I just verified. And I copied the userid/password directly from my password wallet (Lastpass) into the Quicken fields, so they are correct.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    edited March 2023
    Hello @scott abbey,

Thank you for your response. We recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• scott abbey
    scott abbey Member ✭✭
    Today I discovered that there are two similar UBS entries in the FI list: UBS Financial Services Inc., and UBS Online Services. The former is the name of the broker/dealer, and the latter is the name of their online system. If I try the former, I get HTTP 400 - Quicken is unable to connect. If I try the latter, I can connect to the FI, and link 3 of my four brokerage accounts and my credit card account. But it will only support simple downloads - positions only, no transactions, no tax lots, etc.

Both entries point to the same URL, which is a landing page listing lots of UBS related websites around the world.

Why won't Quicken find the correct website for the UBS F S entry, when it's the same one as is used for the UBS Online Services entry? And why won't UBS Online Services support transaction download?
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    @scott abbey

• The URL displayed in each entry of the FI list is simply a link to the human-sensible home page for that financial institution. It is not the URL that Quicken uses for retrieving transactions. If you check the fidir.txt file (Library/Application Support/Quicken) that is the source of the FI list you will see that the URLs used by Quicken are different.

• I tried the UBS Financial Services Inc. entry in the FI list and unlike your experience, I did not get an HTTP 400 error. I don't have an account with UBS, so all I am able to test is the initial credential entry - which returned an error "... The information you entered does not match our records. ..." as one would expect when I typed random characters into the credential fields. 

• If you can get UBS Financial Services Inc to let you log in, then you may solve the problem of only supporting simple downloads. Investment accounts accessed via Quicken Connect (UBS Online Services) typically support only Simple Tracking, whereas accounts accessed via Direct Connect (UBS Financial Services Inc.) will support Detailed Tracking, including transaction downloads.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
  • scott abbey
    scott abbey Member ✭✭
    @lhossus

Thanks for that info. Here are the two entries from my install:

07772 07772 07772 UBS Financial Services Inc. http://www.ubs.com/global/en/more_logins.html 888-279-3343 https://onlineservices.ubs.com/olsauth/ex/pbl/ubso/dl ACTIVE INVESTMENT,ACCOUNTINFO&DIRECT NOT_QBP NA

67384 67384 67384 UBS Online Services http://www.ubs.com/global/en/more_logins.html NA https://onlineservices.ubs.com/olsauth/sp/pbl/ubso/dl ACTIVE BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT NOT_QBP NA

The first URL is the landing page I referenced above. The second URL in each entry is the normal human-readable website logon page for UBS Financial Services Inc. I can access that page with no problem. I've tried refreshing the FI list in Quicken, which hasn't helped my situation.

What URL does your install show?
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are the entries in my fidir.txt

07772 07772 07772 UBS Financial Services Inc. http://www.ubs.com/global/en/more_logins.html 888-279-3343 https://onlineservices.ubs.com/olsauth/ex/pbl/ubso/dl ACTIVE INVESTMENT,ACCOUNTINFO&DIRECT NOT_QBP NA

67384 67384 67384 UBS Online Services http://www.ubs.com/global/en/more_logins.html NA https://onlineservices.ubs.com/olsauth/sp/pbl/ubso/dl ACTIVE BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT NOT_QBP NA

I suggest at this point you review the suggestions previously posted in this discussion thread and develop a systematic troubleshooting process, step by step. Make sure you have taken into consideration each idea suggested.  

I would like to suggest a few more steps;

- Try accessing UBS Financial Services from Quicken at different times of the day.
    - Set up a separate TEST Quicken Data file and then try connecting to UBS Financial Services.

And a question: you showed a screenshot of a connection failure with a HTTP 400 error. At what point did this error occur? I. e., what were each of the steps you took leading up to this failure?  I ask this because I was able to get to the credentials entry screen, enter the credentials and get an appropriate response (and no HTTP 400 error). I am assuming I would be able to carry out the rest of the connection process if I had a valid account at UBS. (I just tried this test log-in again and got the same result as previously reported.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
  • scott abbey
    scott abbey Member ✭✭
    @lhossus - thanks for all of your comments.

It appears that our fidir.txt files contain the same information, so that is not the problem.

I went through the suggestions earlier in this thread shortly after I first found it, and before my first post. I've also tried starting a brand new Quicken test data file, and creating the first account as one of my UBS accounts. This resulted in the same error.

I've tried the connection at many different times, and also while on the phone with Quicken support and UBS support. Most recently, just now.

The error I posted occurred originally during my daily download to Quicken from all of the FIs I use. After several days of that I disconnected all of the UBS accounts, as the errors were annoying and not accomplishing anything. At the suggestion of Quicken support, I tried deleting many of the support files (e.g. the password file) and starting over again, which also didn't work.

The error now occurs when I try to add a new UBS account, enter my user id and password and send it off to UBS. This error occurs only with the UBS Financial Services Inc. entry. With the UBS Online Services entry, connects successfully but only finds 3 of my 4 active accounts. But this would only allow for a "simple" connection, ie positions and not transactions.
This discussion has been closed.