can't add Synchrony to my credit card list

Options
Stanton
Stanton Member
I just got a Sam's Club Mastercard from Synchrony. I can't add this to my Quicken program. I've tried every name on the list of banks using Synchrony and Sam's Club Mastercard. IO have Quicken Deluxe latest version.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Stanton

Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can assist you, I require some more information. What occurs when you try to add the Sam's Club Mastercard from Synchrony? Do you receive any error messages or codes? Which connection method are you trying to set up with?

I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Stanton
    Stanton Member
    Options
    Whichever bank name I try the response is the wheel turning and eventually goes to “did you make an error in your username try again. I use the same username and password I use to access my credit card online. I’ve tried Synchrony Mastercard and Sam’s club credit card. I think I’m using Quicken connect.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Stanton

Thank you for your response. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and attempting to add the Sam's Club Mastercard there whether you try that through Synchrony or Sam's Club or both. You can do this by going to File>New>Start from Scratch and then adding the account(s) that are experiencing this error. 

Please let me know how this goes, thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• Stanton
    Stanton Member
    Options
    That didn’t work. I’m still getting renter username and password. I use the same that I use to log into my credit card account.
  • Stanton
    Stanton Member
    Options
    Now I seem to have lost all of my accounts. How can I restore my accounts?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Stanton,

Thank you for your response. Due to this error still occurring, we recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance so they may troubleshoot with you in real-time and escalate if needed. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• Stanton
    Stanton Member
    Options
    I called Quicken support and got my issue resolved.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Stanton,

Thank you for your response and for updating us! I am happy to hear that Quicken Support was able to help you resolve the issue. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

-Quicken Jasmine

• cynthia T
    cynthia T Member
    Options
    so Jasmine...how do you fix Lowe's, Lazyboy, sams business, jcpenny....non of these allow for express web connect as the url for each account is different than what is in quicken...I reported this issue many, many months ago and Quicken does not seem to have this as important. it is extremly frustrating as a 15+ year customer to have to go into each account and manually download the information each month. perhaps quicken should allow the end user to add the url manually if they cant get the correct information of synchony...!
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @cynthia t, it's the sponsoring company (Lowe's, jcpenney, etc) that decide whether they want to support downloading into Q and what type of download.  Don't blame Q for their decision.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.