How do I configure Quicken Mobile to show exactly same balance at current day?

I have chosen to sync only two of my checking accounts to simplify and see how it works. In Quicken for Mac I have configured the two accounts as "Year to Date" and "Don't Show Reminders", also to simplify. And I start a new file each year for my accounts, so there is no old stuff to complicate. And yet, my "Balance Today" is not the same in the Mobile and in the MacBook.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @edwardkeys,

Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry that this issue is occurring. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What version of Quicken are you running on your Mac? You can see this by going to Quicken>About Quicken. Is the desktop version or the mobile version showing the incorrect balance? Which Financial Institution are you experiencing this error with? Are you performing a sync on your desktop and then again in the mobile app and still showing incorrect balance? 

I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• edwardkeys
    edwardkeys Member
    ANSWERS to your questions:
    1. On my Mac: Quicken Deluxe, Version 6.6.1 (Build 606.43210.100) on a MacBook running MacOS 12.2.1. [I use Quicken since 1987, thereabouts, version 1.0 for MS-DOS, then the version for Windows, and since 2012, thereabouts, the different versions for the MacOS). I know how to operate the program, but use it only for personal booking using more than one currency. No budgets, no download of information from banks (since I operate in places that don't offer that, etc. I simply keep track of checking and savings accounts, credit cards, and some investments.

2. On my phone, an iPhone 7Plus, running version iOS 15.3.1. The wrong balance is being shown in the mobile version, recently updated. To diminish the possible causes of the difference in the balance, decided to sync only two checking accounts, with Transactions set to "This Quarter" (or, alternatively, "All Dates", and Reminders to "Next 30 Days. The problem starts in that the mobile version does not offer the same options. So I try "All Dates", alternating to "This Month", when the first option does not match the balance. I use "All Categories" and "All Payees", and "Cleared" as the Status of Transactions.

In the MackBook, with respect to the main Account (more transactions and more money never matches the balance) the "Today's Balance" (top right corner of the screen) matches perfectly the value for today. But even after syncing and waiting about an hour, the Mobile Version shows a larger balance in on the top.

The secondary Account, with the same setup, is matching, but it has only about 1/10 of the size and movement of the other. Below the "Clear Filters" bar, it shows a different value. And below the first item, which is the latest entry for today, it shows still a third value -- much closer to the one on the top, but different. AND NONE OF THE THREE VALUES MATCH WHAT THE MACBOOK CORRECTLY SHOWS (since it matches the bank statement).

Do I give up and throw the mobile version out?

Eduardo Chaves
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    ANSWERS to your questions:
    1. On my Mac: Quicken Deluxe, Version 6.6.1 (Build 606.43210.100) on a MacBook running MacOS 12.2.1. [I use Quicken since 1987, thereabouts, version 1.0 for MS-DOS, then the version for Windows, and since 2012, thereabouts, the different versions for the MacOS). I know how to operate the program, but use it only for personal booking using more than one currency. No budgets, no download of information from banks (since I operate in places that don't offer that, etc. I simply keep track of checking and savings accounts, credit cards, and some investments.

2. On my phone, an iPhone 7Plus, running version iOS 15.3.1. The wrong balance is being shown in the mobile version, recently updated. To diminish the possible causes of the difference in the balance, decided to sync only two checking accounts, with Transactions set to "This Quarter" (or, alternatively, "All Dates", and Reminders to "Next 30 Days. The problem starts in that the mobile version does not offer the same options. So I try "All Dates", alternating to "This Month", when the first option does not match the balance. I use "All Categories" and "All Payees", and "Cleared" as the Status of Transactions.

In the MackBook, with respect to the main Account (more transactions and more money never matches the balance) the "Today's Balance" (top right corner of the screen) matches perfectly the value for today. But even after syncing and waiting about an hour, the Mobile Version shows a larger balance in on the top.

The secondary Account, with the same setup, is matching, but it has only about 1/10 of the size and movement of the other. Below the "Clear Filters" bar, it shows a different value. And below the first item, which is the latest entry for today, it shows still a third value -- much closer to the one on the top, but different. AND NONE OF THE THREE VALUES MATCH WHAT THE MACBOOK CORRECTLY SHOWS (since it matches the bank statement).

Do I give up and throw the mobile version out?

Eduardo Chaves
    Hello @edwardkeys,               

Thank you for providing additional detail and explaining the situation further. I do apologize that the issue is persisting. 

It won't be necessary to remove the mobile app altogether, although I do recommend uninstalling it momentarily. Next, save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. Next, go into Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services and click Reset next to your cloud account information. Now, reinstall the Mobile App and attempt to sync again.

I look forward to hearing back from you after this has been attempted.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.