BMO Accounts being recongised a Credit Cards

Options
EMS-Medic
EMS-Medic Member ✭✭
Over the past few weeks, my BMO accounts stopped working with the one-touch download and was facilitating a requiremnent for me to manually download the transactions from the bank website.

Today I tried to disable and reactive the online setup for these accounts.

When I do this, Quick will only recognise my Chequing account as a "Credit Card" and will not even recognise my 2 other savings accounts as well.

Please help

Comments

• EMS-Medic
    EMS-Medic Member ✭✭
    Options
    Sorry, Using Quicken Home & Business R33.7 (27.1.33.7) Canada with a valid membership.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Hello @EMS-Medic,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you don't mind, I'd like to start off by having you create a new (test) file to see if you experience the same issue in a new file as well. In doing so, we will be able to determine whether or not this is caused by an issue within your current data file or an issue with the information transmitting incorrectly within the servers.

Follow the steps below to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    2. Select New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    3. Click OK.
    4. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to easily be able to tell it apart from your main file. Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for WindowsDon't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.
    5. Sign in with your Quicken ID (if prompted). If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 
    6. Select to not use Mobile (if prompted).
    7. Click Add Account and try adding the same account you described experiencing this issue with

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problem in this test file. From there, you can then switch back to your original file. 

Follow the steps below to switch files:

1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open. 

Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• PeterE
    PeterE Member
    Options
    Hi Quicken Anja,

I've experienced the same issue. My last downloaded transaction was from March 10, despite having many transactions across many accounts. Quicken suggests it has connected, but downloads nothing. (Despite indicating "Last download March 18, 2022 - 7:46 am")

I setup a new test file (as you indicated above) and tried to add one of my 7 BMO accounts - the only one it recognized was by Chequing account - but the only option it gave me was to set it up as a credit card. The Quicken interface didn't recognize any of the other 6 accounts.

Peter.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @PeterE,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and adding to this discussion to report that you are experiencing this as well and for confirming the results of the test file.

I have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, in the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.