Please tell me I'm just not finding the Find-and-Replace functionality in the Mac version...

t.linn
t.linn Member
...and that this isn't another example of BASIC FUNCTIONALITY that is missing from the Mac version of Quicken.

Best Answer

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓
    What you need to do is select all the transactions you want to change, then right click & select "Edit Transaction". When you do that with multiple transactions selected, you get this dialog:

You can then check the box next to Payee, type in the new Payee name, click OK, and it will change the Payee on all the selected transactions. The original Payee doesn't even need to be the same on all transactions, though in the picture above they are all the same.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

Answers

• Jon
    There is no Find & Replace command. 

Depending on what you're trying to replace, you might be able to use filtering to display the transactions you want to edit & then select & edit all of them at once.

You should vote for this suggestion if this is a feature you'd like to see added.

• t.linn
    t.linn Member
    Thank you for taking the time to respond, Jon. Again. I want to change the payee on about 500 transactions from one thing to another. Are you telling me that if I select them all and change a field in one of the transactions, that the change will be propagated to the others? That would accomplish what I'm trying to do.
  • Jon
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓
    What you need to do is select all the transactions you want to change, then right click & select "Edit Transaction". When you do that with multiple transactions selected, you get this dialog:

You can then check the box next to Payee, type in the new Payee name, click OK, and it will change the Payee on all the selected transactions. The original Payee doesn't even need to be the same on all transactions, though in the picture above they are all the same.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    If you want to change the name of a Payee everyplace it appears, the easiest way to do that is to open menu Window > Payees & Rules. Find the payee name and double click it to edit the name. That will change it everywhere in the database. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jon said:

Be aware that this feature DOES NOT update split lines in a transaction. So, it cannot update category, tags, transfers, memo/notes found on split lines.

For that, add your vote here:

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• t.linn
    t.linn Member
    Thank you, smayer97. I very much appreciate the help.
This discussion has been closed.