Adjustments

bonk
bonk Member ✭✭
edited April 2022 in Reports (Windows)
My computer crashed and lost some older transactions.. Ending bal correct with bank & ckbook.. How do I make an entry to Balance online Balance?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no entry that can be made to adjust the Online Balance.  Online Balance is what the financial institution downloads...it is not editable.  Have you tried downloading from the bank to see if that corrects the issue?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• bonk
    bonk Member ✭✭
    Ty.. The items lost were from 2020 or before so there is no way to download them that I know of.. it's a mess.. and I was always careful to backup..
  • Boatnmaniac
    Ah, I think I misunderstood you.  I thought you were saying you have an incorrect Online Balance and you wanted to know how to adjust the Online Balance.  The only way to adjust the Online Balance is to, as I'd said, do a new download from your bank.
    So you have lost old transactions and want to reconcile to the Online Balance?  Is this correct?
    Another question:  What version of Quicken are you running?  You can get this information from Help > About Quicken.

• Boatnmaniac
    One more question:  Who is the bank?

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    WAIT!!!
    If the ending balance is correct in the account, and the "Online Balance" can't be changed (because it's downloaded from your bank)  What exactly is it that you want to correct?
    If the ending balance is correct, SOMETHING in your Q account register is representing those missing transactions  ... otherwise the ending balance couldn't possibly be correct.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.