One Step Update Issue

I update all of our bank and brokerage accounts daily. Up until about a month ago it was truly a one step update, however since about a month ago One Step Update doesn't save my settings and when I click on the One Step Update icon it only updates "Download quotes and investment information". In the menu bar for One Step Update I check "all" then "Apply" then "Update Now" and it will update all of our accounts (both bank and brokerage), however when I close and then reopen Quicken and click on the One Step Update icon it will only download the "Download quotes and investment information" and I will need to go thru the entire process again to select all of the accounts.

This has only been happening for the last month or so, prior to that the One Step Update worked smoothly and was truly a One Step Update.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    jbrown000 said:
    I update all of our bank and brokerage accounts daily. Up until about a month ago it was truly a one step update, however since about a month ago One Step Update doesn't save my settings and when I click on the One Step Update icon it only updates "Download quotes and investment information". In the menu bar for One Step Update I check "all" then "Apply" then "Update Now" and it will update all of our accounts (both bank and brokerage), however when I close and then reopen Quicken and click on the One Step Update icon it will only download the "Download quotes and investment information" and I will need to go thru the entire process again to select all of the accounts.

This has only been happening for the last month or so, prior to that the One Step Update worked smoothly and was truly a One Step Update.
    Hello @jbrown000,   

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with one step updates. Thank you for seeking additional support and discussion here on the Quicken Community. 

Do you save backups frequently? You can do this anytime by going to File > Copy or Backup File in the upper menu at the top of the screen. We advise that you save backups as often as possible in order to preserve your data and can even provide an easy resolution in many circumstances. If you can try to restore a backup from just before you first noticed this problem arising; do this by going to the same menu mentioned before and then navigating to File > Restore a Backup File. Attempt to update your accounts as normally once this step has been completed. 

I hope to hear back from you with any additional developments or information that may be available, should you have the opportunity to check back in with us here on the Quicken Community. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• jbrown000
    jbrown000 Member ✭✭
    Jared,
    Thanks for your reply, however I contacted Quicken with this problem several weeks ago and was told that this problem was known by Quicken, and was being escalated, and I would hear back in a few days. I never heard back. If I was to restore a back up from several weeks ago it would a tremendous amount of work to enter all of the transactions that have occurred since.

This problem occurred after one of Quickens program updates.
  • muchy1
    muchy1 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    [Removed - Rant/Disruptive]
  • jbrown000
    jbrown000 Member ✭✭
    When will Quicken have the issue with One Step Update corrected? It used to work so well.
  • QRussell
    QRussell Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem. Fidelity updates as I'm used to, and then the process hangs through all subsequent financial institutions. This issue should be escalated if it is not already. This feature has been working for a decade with seldom an issue. Now it's everytime I update.
  • jbrown000
    jbrown000 Member ✭✭
    It appears as if Quicken is ignoring this problem as when I first spoke to them about it a month ago they said they we escalating it then.
  • L. Shaddix
    L. Shaddix Member ✭✭
    Quicken Agent spent 2-hours on the phone with me today (2/24/22) attempting to fix the problem with One Step Update, and Sync with Cloud locking up. We went through Validation several times, made copy of file, etc, etc. Nothing worked. Finally, the Agent said my file was TOO BIG and I should set up a new DB starting with maybe 1 January 2021. I never had this problem until the recent revisions were released. Anyone else experienced problems with a BIG file? My file is 235,339 KB. What is considered BIG?

I told Agent others left Comments about the same problem, but he was unaware of any issues with One Step Update and Sync locking up.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Agent spent 2-hours on the phone with me today (2/24/22) attempting to fix the problem with One Step Update, and Sync with Cloud locking up. We went through Validation several times, made copy of file, etc, etc. Nothing worked. Finally, the Agent said my file was TOO BIG and I should set up a new DB starting with maybe 1 January 2021. I never had this problem until the recent revisions were released. Anyone else experienced problems with a BIG file? My file is 235,339 KB. What is considered BIG?

I told Agent others left Comments about the same problem, but he was unaware of any issues with One Step Update and Sync locking up.
    I don't think your Quicken file is too big.  Our Quicken file is over 325 Mb and we don't have any One Step Update issues. 

Note: We don't use the Express Web Connect connection method and we're still using R36.38.
  • QRussell
    QRussell Member ✭✭
    I'm having similar issues since the latest update(s), and my file is 185 Mb. The problem is in the new version 38, although the agent tried uninstalling and reinstalling Quicken, then gave up and said it's the operating system. My system worked fine prior to the latest update(s). I'd go back to an earlier version if I could.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    QRussell said:
    I'm having similar issues since the latest update(s), and my file is 185 Mb. The problem is in the new version 38, although the agent tried uninstalling and reinstalling Quicken, then gave up and said it's the operating system. My system worked fine prior to the latest update(s). I'd go back to an earlier version if I could.
    We may go back to an earlier version.  If you use the Express Web Connect connection method, you shouldn't revert to a version earlier than R36.48 as the backend change scheduled for Monday (2/28) is supposed to break updates to accounts using this connection method.

To revert to an earlier release, I suggest you perform a clean uninstall, install while disconnected from the internet, update by applying the appropriate Mondo Patch, and restoring a data file saved prior to updating from the earlier patch release.  If you haven’t already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken. To update Quicken, I recommend you download and apply the appropriate Mondo Patch: https://www.quicken.com/support/patching-updates-windows, https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has, or http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html

To prevent Quicken from applying an update without your approval, I suggest you set Windows UAC settings appropriately (choose default or always notify).
  • kcaj
    kcaj Member ✭✭
    > @jbrown000 said:
    > I update all of our bank and brokerage accounts daily. Up until about a month ago it was truly a one step update, however since about a month ago One Step Update doesn't save my settings and when I click on the One Step Update icon it only updates "Download quotes and investment information". In the menu bar for One Step Update I check "all" then "Apply" then "Update Now" and it will update all of our accounts (both bank and brokerage), however when I close and then reopen Quicken and click on the One Step Update icon it will only download the "Download quotes and investment information" and I will need to go thru the entire process again to select all of the accounts.
    >
    > This has only been happening for the last month or so, prior to that the One Step Update worked smoothly and was truly a One Step Update.

I update a couple times a day, at least my investment page. I've found that a one step update regularly skips my PNC account and my investment quotes, etc. Sometimes the investment quote update won't work until after a one step update. Sometimes the investments won't update at all unless I open the register for my Raymond James brokerage account and then click "Download Transactions and then Update Transactions" - then my investment page will update even though only some of the accounts are Raymond James?? Also my PNC checking account will not update unless I do the same "Download Transactions and then Update Transactions" steps and often only after as many as 6 attempts, one after the other.

This software has strange and far too many bugs.
  • T McKannon
    T McKannon Member ✭✭
    Have experienced this OSU issue since R38.26. Have reverted to R37.67 which runs fine. Just tried the latest release R39.23...still not fixed.
  • bjb-bub
    bjb-bub Member
    I'm having the same issue - up until a couple of weeks ago it ran perfectly - even last week it ran just slowly - today a new update was applied and now it just hangs! Will go with T. McKannon's response & uninstall these latest updates!
  • jbrown000
    jbrown000 Member ✭✭
    Two questions. How do you uninstall a update? It has been well over a month since this problem started, how would I know which update to go back to?
  • T McKannon
    T McKannon Member ✭✭
    I reverted to the last mondo patch. Download the patch you want, save it to your desktop and run. Recommend you backup your data file in a safe location first. When you execute the mondo, it uninstalls the version you are using. Good luck. https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/QW27.1.37.66MPatch.EXE
  • T McKannon
    T McKannon Member ✭✭
    Should have added that you will need to reconnect your accounts after you reload your backup data file.
This discussion has been closed.