I recently installed an automatic update and now check pay doesn't work

Options
I get the error message "Check Pay account sync error. Restart Quicken and try again. If the problem persists, disable and re-enable CheckPay." But this requires going through the microdeposit process again which in the past took a few days. Is this a known error in the latest update which will be fixed?

Answers

• TommieR
    TommieR Member
    Options
    Also completed an automatic update and now checkpay does not work. One support tech worked me around it, but that fix was temporary and the next time I signed on and tried CheckPay, I got the same error message. Working with a second person in Tech Support did not solve the problem. Help. I do not want to have to re-enter all of my payees which will be required if I disable and re-enable CheckPay. This seems to be a known error in the last update. Can Quicken get this fixed?
  • rcfeldman
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. I'm glad to know I'm not alone. And it does sound like it's a bug in the update. There actually was one later update (I had been away for a week), and I hoped that that update had a patch, but it did not solve the problem. If others are affected also, I would hope Quicken will own the problem and fix it without the pain of re-establishing CheckPay.
  • Alan20
    Alan20 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same for me. Any news on this? Btw, TommieR, disabling and re-enabling checkpay does not require you to re-enter payees. It just requires you to go through the microdeposit validation process (which is easy). Unfortunately, when I disabled and re-enabled checkpay that did not fix the sync problem for me (or it came back quickly...not sure which).
  • hgillman
    hgillman Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I'm having the same issues. The app is useless without Check Pay. [Removed - Off Topic/Speculation]
  • johnkrohn
    johnkrohn Member
    Options
    Also having this issue. Check Pay account sync error. I've gone through the disable and re-enable process, having to wait a couple days in order to verify checking accounts, only to have the error pop up again.
  • rcfeldman
    rcfeldman Member
    Options
    About 3 weeks after my post I decided to bite the bullet and do the micro deposit process to reconnect with my bank. But I tried a check, and CheckPay was back to working without further input from me!!! I hope the problem doesn't recur as it did for johnkrohn. I haven't sent any checks since.
This discussion has been closed.