Reports for taxes

Options
AK1
AK1 Member
edited April 2022 in Reports (Windows)
When I run a report, it uses the posting date not the date that I entered. For taxes this is problematic. When mailing a check for a charity donation, the postmark date is considered the date of the donation. I used to work for a nonprofit; the date a nonprofit deposits is not the date of the donation. Smaller non profits don't make daily deposits.

Is there a way to make the reports use the entered date instead of the posting date?

Comments

• AK1
    AK1 Member
    Options
    Disregard this discussion. I was looking at the wrong year. That's what I get for trying to do taxes with a headache.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For me, the taxes CAUSE the headache!
    QWin Premier subscription
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If it's important to have a certain expense (donation) appear in the correct tax year, do be sure to manually record the transaction with the date that you put on the check, 12/31 of last year if necessary. Ultimately, that's what counts. Do not rely on making Quicken automagically create a transaction from downloaded data. Quicken doesn't know that, in real life, the downloaded "Check 1234" is a donation made in December of last year and should be dated as such.

Oh, I know, sometimes you just want to ...
This discussion has been closed.