Why does the Quicken update alwas fail with the same error message?

Eric Johnson
Eric Johnson Member ✭✭
Why does the Quicken update always, always fail? I get an error message that reads:

The process cannot access the file 'C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Common\patch\quickenPatch\w3428\base\RPMMigration\MigrationTool.exe' because it is being used by another process.

This leads me to believe that Quicken is not the quality product it used to be. This has been going on now for months and several versions. The programming staff deserves to be fired for this continued poor performance. Or, Quicken should stop charging for the annual updates that are so error ridden.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm suspecting your Antivirus software is interfering with the Quicken installation.
    See one of many other discussions on this subject matter here: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20235407#Comment_20235407

• Eric Johnson
    Eric Johnson Member ✭✭
    Ill try to remember that the next time I try to update. I can turn-off the A/V for that short period and isolate my machine form the internet. Thanks.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did that solve your problem?
    If it did, a call to your A/V vendor might be in order.
  • Eric Johnson
    Eric Johnson Member ✭✭
    Not certain. I d/l the patch and went from there. It may be a couple months before there an update for me to try your idea.
This discussion has been closed.