How to fix broken 'Update Transactions' dialog

When I attempt to update transactions from an account requiring password a bogus 'Please enter your passwords' popup dialog appears. I say bogus because it pops up immediately after I enter the password.
This happens on only one account, other accounts update as expected when using update for individual accounts. If this account is selected during 'update transactions for multiple accounts', then it blocks update for all accounts.

Answers

• rodburgett
    rodburgett Member
    BTW...this worked up until the middle of February, 2022
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which bank are you having issues with?
    How is this bank connected for transaction downloading (Direct Connect, Express Web Connect, Web Connect, Other)? See Edit Account Details, Online Services tab, Connection Method
    What version and release (R xx.xx) of Quicken do you use? See Help / About Quicken
  • rodburgett
    rodburgett Member
    It's a Prudential retirement account, the Online Services tab says 'Direct Connect'. Quicken version is R39.23, build 27.1.39.23.

As I said before, this worked until mid-Feb.

I tried Deactivate/Activate the account, but the first attempt at connection fails. The second attempt results in a useless popup (not the same bogus popup mentioned before), with empty message window, no window label, a blank button lower right, a 'more info' button lower left that is inoperable. None of the buttons had any effect, the close window icon had no effect, I had to use Task Manager to kill Quicken.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

BTW, if you would like to attach image snapshots to Community posts ...

It may help if you capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

This discussion has been closed.