Unable to access bank to download transactions (Q Mac)

Options
xpaddy01b
xpaddy01b Member ✭✭
As of October 2020 I was unable to upgrade to the next version of Quicken. I was still having to use my MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2008) running El Capitan 10.11.6 (as of this writing I am still using the same device), and was not able to upgrade to a newer machine. I believe I asked at the time if I could at least still download transactions (It seemed like the day after the expiration date, I couldn't access the bank.), and was told, at that time, that I could. I tried again and nothing happened, so since November 2020 I no longer tried to get transactions downloaded.

I am writing to inquire if this is still the case. I may be starting a new job with a much better pay rate. While I do not know how soon that means I can upgrade my system, I would at least like to know, if I re-upped my subscription/account (even if I still can't upgrade the software on my machine...remember: Still 2008 MacBook Pro El Capitan 10.11.6), can I get back to at least downloading transactions. If nothing else it was a check register and a record of my transactions.

Of course I'll have about 18 months of backlog transactions I'll probably have to input by hand. Oy vey.

So, Quicken and the community: can you make my life better this afternoon?

Thanks!

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What exact version of Quicken Mac are you currently running? Click Quicken / About Quicken.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Quicken has recently migrated their back-end services to a new connectivity system, and your old version of Quicken Mac will not be able to connect properly to download transactions. And your old version of macOS will prevent you from updating to the current version of Quicken.

My only suggestion is that if you can't afford to purchase a brand new Mac (the least expensive MacBook Air costs $999; a Mac Mini is $699 if you have a monitor), you might consider buying a used/refurbished Mac for somewhere around half the cost. While you wouldn't get the latest and greatest hardware, you could use the latest operating system, and then use Quicken Mac again. And you could move off a 14 year-old computer which is on borrowed time. ;)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • xpaddy01b
    xpaddy01b Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Deluxe 2020 version 5.18.2 (Build 518.35919.100) for 10.11.6
  • xpaddy01b
    xpaddy01b Member ✭✭
    Options
    @jacobs: Kinda what I thought. Guess I'll just be wanting to see: a) if said job actually happens (fingers crossed... I want this!), and b) I suppose six or more months until I see about how I can get an updated system.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.